“Amazing Hotel with great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel ICON

You added Hotel ICON to your Saves list
Hotel ICON
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Special Offer
Save 35% Enjoy US$217 up
Ranked #4 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Zurich, Switzerland
“Amazing Hotel with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

After spending the first days in Hongkong in a budget hotel, it felt like heaven to arrive in this nice modern hotel.
Our room had a great view onto the harbour and the above & beyond package is really worth it.

We will return to this nice place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review of your stay at ICON.
Thanks to you were now NUMBER # 3 in Hong Kong !
Do let me know if I can personally assist with future arrangements for your or your friends.
I am able to offer special amenities if you book direct.
richard.hatter@hotel-icon.com

Best wishes

Richard Hatter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (880)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Have just recently returned from a 8 night stay at Hotel Icon and wanted to recommend this hotel to anyone planning a stay in Hong Kong. The service was impeccable from the moment we arrived and I really cannot find fault with anything during our stay.

The Hotel restaurants are fantastic and nothing like normal Hotel dining options. The restaurants were always bustling and full of atmosphere and many locals dined there, particularly in The Market, where the buffet was absolutely amazing and the seafood was plentiful. We ate fresh sashimi that was cut in front of us and salmon roe by the spoonful. I usually despise buffet dining but I highly recommend it at The Market.We dined in all 3 restaurants and loved the variety.

The rooms are modern and have every amenity and convenience that you need whilst away from home. We loved the TV in the bath and all of the beautiful Hotel toiletries.

Mini Bar and wi-fi was free! Nightly turn-down was lovely with Ferrero Rochers on the pillows.

The Gym and Infinity pool are stunning, overlooking Hong Kong Harbour. I highly recommend spending a little bit more and upgrading to a Club room. Club room guests then receive free al a carte breakfast every morning in Above and Beyond restaurant on the 28th Floor, looking out over the Harbour and also free cocktails and snacks in the evenings. 'Free' really means free - margaritas, pina coladas, wines, champagne and delicious hot snacks made in house.

Everything about Hotel Icon is outstanding but the greatest asset that this Hotel has, is it's staff. Every staff member is well-trained, friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. We got great local advice on everything from shopping and transport to dining. The free shuttle was also a bonus for us so that we get out and about without needing a taxi.

I have stayed in lots of Hotels (many good and many terrible) and I really feel that this is my favourite Hotel ever. Service is why you return to a Hotel and this is sadly lacking in most Hotels today.

Massive thanks to Grace (smooth and friendly check-in), Jason (Concierge duties), Gary (Above and Beyond) and Philip (for the incredible food and drink offerings and for the fresh sashimi and caviar!).

Room Tip: Spend a little more and book the Club Rooms. They really are value for money.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Radhatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear sjz24,
Thank you so much for your very kind review which I know the team will receive most gratefully. With all good wishes, Richard
Mountain Rest, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Look no further and book this hotel. You will be rewarded with a five star experience that will make it difficult to leave the premises for any reason.

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Icon for the last two nights (Sunday, 16 Dec 2012 thru Weds morning , 18 Dec 2012) of our two week visit to Hong Kong. We pre-paid our reservation and received a 20% discount on the room rates. We stayed in one of their Club 36 rooms, which had an excellent view of Victoria harbor from the 25th floor. A club reservation includes access to their exclusive 28th floor executive lounge and meeting rooms, a full serve breakfast, afternoon tea and free evening alcoholic cocktails. The food and service are worth the premium charge.

We arrived in Hong Kong just before midnight on Friday, Dec 7th after a 16 hour non-stop flight from Chicagoland, USA. From the 7 th to the 16 th , we lived in rather spartan but adequate visiting faculty accommodations at a remote university marine lab. We moved to the hotel to celebrate our anniversary and to have dependable public transportation to the airport for departure.

When we arrived Sunday afternoon we went to the reception desk in the hotel lobby to check in. After a few moments, a lovely young lady informed us that we would be registered at the "executive registration desk" on the 28 th floor of the hotel. She conducted us through the lobby and took us to the reception area on the 28th floor. There we met two other very capable receptionists, who seated us, offered us mint tea and began to process our registration. Mind you, I had already per-paid the room on my credit card, so I was a bit confused. They told us that we would receive a $400 HK credit for laundry (a godsend for us weary travelers) and asked for an additional $1000HK deposit for incidentals. After we concluded our business, the young lady from the lobby showed us the lounge and restaurant, explained our breakfast options and then accompanied us to our room on the 25th floor. There she showed us our room features and supervised the delivery of our luggage. She also presented with a complementary bottle of red wine. This level of attention and service continued throughout our stay, from bed turndown at night, to cleaning our room in the morning before we returned from breakfast. On our next to last day, the bell captain called me to inform me the best options for ground transportation to the airport and had pre-selected our wake up call time for our morning departure. Outstanding service and attention to detail is the order of the day at Hotel Icon.

The room was fantastic, a fully stocked wet and dry bar, consumption inclusive in the room rate, a new cappuccino maker in the room. Complementary bottled mineral water set out on the bedside table as part of the turndown service. The bath was incredible. This is a brand new hotel. We had a full size tub bath, which my wife enjoyed immensely and a wonderful all glass stand up shower with the biggest rain style shower head imaginable. It was a delight to shower and bathe.

We had afternoon tea and cocktails in the lounge overlooking Victoria Harbor. I met with several doctoral students to review their marine biology research projects in the lounge. The staff saw to their needs as well and never charged anyone for drinks. We later found out that the hotel is part of the Poly technical university and the school trains its students how to run and manage a five star hotel here. We met several of the students in the training program, they we're delightful.

My wife and I will return soon. This place is so new that it hasn't been around long enough for the Frommer's of the world to notice. Thank you Hotel Icon, your students and staff for all the pampering and kind and sincere service. It certainly eased our transition and has given us a cherished memory of how wonderful a place Hong Kong truly is. God bless all of you.

Room Tip: Book the Club rooms and prepay. The discount will mostly off set the increased club room rate up c...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Andrew M

Thank you very much for your complimentary review. We hope to see you again soon.

With all good wishes, Richard
Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Have stayed in many many hotels but must admit this one is a treat. excellent service, very nice room, free internet, free minibar and restaurants with superb food and nice view.

Being able to oversee Victoria harbour from the room was a delight. I have stayed in Intercontinental before but will surely end up in ICON for my next visits to Hongkong.

Room Tip: choose a high floor with Harbour view, its worth it any day.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Radhatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Expatswe

Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON for this stay in Hong Kong, you have come along way from Uganda, somewhere I lived as a small boy, well, we were delighted to be a part of your experience. It was such a pleasure to read that our location on Science Museum Road, a short walk from many the amazing exhibits on Museum Row, Big Bus Tour and Avenue of the Stars ...plus brilliant public transport links as well as so many other attractions was so perfect for you.

We truly appreciate your kind words regarding myself and my team. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

Please let me know personally next time you plan a trip and I will be delighted to handle your reservation myself... email me at Richard.hatter@hotel-icon.com

Kind Regards,

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Recently I had the pleasure of being a guest at the ICON for three nights. From the time of my online booking until my departure everything was totally professional and executed with a smile. My room on the 17th floor was absolute luxury complete with magnificent view over the harbour. This was equally complimented by an amazing dining experience in the Green lounge; menu explained, wines suggested, and nothing was ever too much trouble; room service efficient and the Thai massage on the 9th floor is something not to be missed. The ICON really is a 'jewel in the east'.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear John W

Thanks for the wonderful review of your stay at ICON.
Thanks to you were now NUMBER # 3 in Hong Kong !
richard.hatter@hotel-icon.com

With all good wishes,

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband & I had a wonderful stay recently in the Hotel ICON. The hotel was very welcoming; nothing was too much trouble for the staff there. It was service as it used to be in an hotel of this quality. Doormen at the entrance, immediate help with luggage, plenty of efficient staff on the reception desk and always a senior member of the hotel staff to greet you as you enter the hotel. Our room was impressive with a state-of-the-art bathroom, huge bed and free mini-bar. The room itself was much larger than you would expect for a city. The hotel is situated in Hung Hom, which is a little way from the central hub of Kowloon but this is not a problem as there is a free shuttle bus every 15 – 20 minutes to Nathan Road (main shopping road) and Ocean Terminal (close to the Star Ferry). It is a reasonable distance to walk to these places in November when we were there, but it wouldn’t be so nice in the hot summer months. The MTR stations of Hung Hom & East Tsim Sha Tsui are also close to the hotel. We didn’t eat in the hotel as we like to explore and find different restaurants to dine in. There are plenty of all types of restaurant within very easy reach of the hotel to suit all tastes and pockets ranging from cheap local eateries to the more expensive steak restaurants. We had to check out of the hotel in the morning but our flight out of Hong Kong was not until the evening. It was great to be able to leave our luggage and then later be given a key to the spa area so we could get a shower & change before leaving for the flight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 186284Liz,

Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON for this stay in Hong Kong, we were delighted to be a part of your experience. It was such a pleasure to read that our location on Science Museum Road, a short walk from many the amazing exhibits on Museum Row, Big Bus Tour and Avenue of the Stars ...plus brilliant public transport links as well as so many other attractions was so perfect for you.

Kind Regards,

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed there with family for four nights,clean and well appointed rooms,in dining was superb,Mr HOward lee was very helpfull with the conceirge.Just one tip for the staff,they need to keep a smile on their face as they are always serious and tense.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel ICON? Share your experiences!