“Above and beyond anything for the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel ICON

You added Hotel ICON to your Saves list
Hotel ICON
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Special Offer
Save 35% Enjoy US$217 up
Ranked #3 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
London, United Kingdom
“Above and beyond anything for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Hotel Icon gave us 5 star service in every way, and it was the least expensive option we looked at. We arrived early, and they gave us a temporary room to have a shower and a rest. Our 21st floor room had one of the best views in all of HK. The Market on the second floor has the best breakfast buffet I have ever seen, so by all means book a room including breakfast! This hotel is on the Kowloon side, but a taxi is just a few dollars to Hong Kong Island, and the views this side are far better. We loved it, and will come back over and over.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the better views.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (881)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

It would be a pity to stay here and not enjoy all the amenities. My room was beautifully appointed, with the little things done nicely. Bathroom with rain shower was superb, especially as the humid weather meant a shower after any extensive trip outdoors. The pool was glorious, whether for a gentle swim, or to relax in the afternoon breeze. Service attentive without being obtrusive. Went to breakfast on two mornings, and enjoyed the delicious choice, and being able to relax and plan the day. dining room not quiet and calm, very restful.

Reading the reviews, yes, I'd upgrade to harbour view (at least) next time.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Like most of the other reviewers I found the Hotel ICON to live up to the expectations from Tripadvisor. As previously stated the rooms are not large but large enough and extreemly comfortable. We upgrade to a harbour view on the 17th floor and it was spectacular at night, by day you see the top of all the lower buildings. The bed was one of most comfortable I have found in any hotel and the bathroom was just about perfect. It had a "rain" shower as well as a normal hand held /fixed shower. The mirror was heated so it didn't fog up and it had a magnifying mirror as well. A trap for the unititiated, the lights go on automatically when you enter the room, however on the first day as entering I flipped what I thought was the light switch only to find out later when our room wasn't made up that it was the do-not-disturb sign. Fortunately they made the room up around 4.00pm. On the first night we went to the Above and Beyond restaurant, the food was good Chinese. We had two soups, one prawn dish and a beer and a wine, the total cost $700 HKD, around $90 AUD. even by Australian standards it is expensive. We checked out The Market and the buffet looked amazing, heaps of seafood and every possible type of meat and the desserts were spectacular. It cost around $60 AUD and if we had an appetite to do it justice I would have went.
Our package didn't include breakfast so rather than go the hotel buffet breakfast acros the road is a chinese restaurant, Tai Hing which serves a great chinese/western breakfast for around $28 HKD around $4 AUD. You get a bowl of noodles with cabbage plus scrambled eggs, ham, toast and a coffee, amazing! Also up Moby road is Delifrance and they also have a good breakfast for around $4 AUD. If you use the gym and one of the treadmills you can check out the internet or watch TV whilst overlooking the pool.
The East Tsim Sha Tsui bus depot and train station is also just up Moby road if you want to explore further.

Room Tip: The harbour view rooms are worth the extra
Muscat Governorate, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Had a one night stopover in HK and decided to stay at the Icon a try primarily to try out their harbour view rooms. I took the Airport Express train to Kowloon and then the complimentary bus from there to the hotel.

Check-in was expeditious and courteous. The view from my room was probably great, but as my luck would have it, it rained the whole night! The windows did not open at all, so no chance even to squeeze a camera lens through unfortunately, since the window glass was spattered with rain, making photography nigh impossible.

The room itself was very comfortably furnished and the king-sized bed was very comfortable indeed. The bathroom, somewhat funky in design, was very functional and had a nice big rainshower. Surprisingly the mini bar was complimentary, but disappointingly contained only soft drinks! A room service breakfast was delivered promptly, was of a high standard, and it was great to be able to dine sitting in front of the window enjoying the (still rainy) view.

I found the best rate through myhotelguru. When I go back again, apart from staying longer, I think I would definitely choose the Club room to be on a higher floor and have an even better harbour view. Hopefully it'll not be in the rainy season!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Honestly, I couldn't be happier with the service and our stay at the Hotel ICON.

My wife and I honeymooned in Paris with two nights in Hong Kong on the way home. We arrived in Hong Kong early in the morning and my wife wasn't well but the concierge was able to arrange an early check-in for us so she could get some rest.

From that point onwards it was clear we'd chosen the right place to stay. As it is, my wife talks more about the hotel in Hong Kong than our time in the city of love!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Our adult family group of three arrived after a long journey from London. Check in was seamless and it set the standard for a super three day stay. We booked the Club 36 City rooms and partook of the Above and Beyond Club privilages. I am coeliac and therefore needed a gluten free diet. Following request I received copy of the menus at the time of booking and so was fully informed as to food options before I travelled. I had no problem as the Club manager Nick was ever helpful in suggesting meal choices for me.
The breakfast was of a high standard and the evening canapes (together with my gluten free beef salad) were excellent also. One tip , get there on time as the coctail area fill up fast.
The shuttle bus is a great facility and where that does not cover the cheap taxis are an alternative. Plenty of circulation area in the hotel so being there for a period was relaxing. The pool was also very refreshing.
Well done Icon - it was worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Go for the 'Club' facility
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Seatte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

The room was large and clean with an incredible view (see photo). The staff was very helpful. The living wall in the lobby, which extends into the bar, is lovely. The exercise facility is modern and also has an incredible view. The location is great. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel ICON? Share your experiences!