“Best hotel ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel ICON

You added Hotel ICON to your Saves list
Hotel ICON
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Special Offer
Save 35% Enjoy US$217 up
Ranked #2 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Best hotel ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

A beautifully modern hotel with everything you could think of to make your stay relaxing. I adored coming back to the hotel after a busy day out in the city sightseeing and jumping into the roof top pool. It was such a relaxing hotel with m & ms and soft drinks free of charge in your room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of heading to Hong Kong a perfect location with the best service I have ever received in a hotel. Well done Hotel Icon!

Room Tip: All rooms came with a brilliant view of Kowloon
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (882)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This hotel has training interns who are very eager to please - we had 3 people checking us in! We had a view of HK from our room. All products were top notch and the linens and towels luxurious - everything is in tip top shape as the hotel is quite new and modern. The hotel is located within a fairly short walk from several metro stations. There are complimentary vans to the central station and a Kowloon Hotel Van for transport to and from the rail connection to the airport. There are many restaurants surrounding the hotel and Starbucks is a very short walk. We had drinks and a delicious dessert (there is a hefty cover charge) at The Intercontinental Hotel with its fabulous view of HK at nighttime and one night we saw the laser light show from the Ave. of Stars. The island of HK is also fascinating - take the bus to Stanley and sit on the top coming back - like a roller coaster ride and so beautiful. Do not miss going to the Chi Lin Nunnery Gardens. We took the ferry to Macau for dinner one evening but this takes up considerable time and do not forget to carry your passport if you plan to go.

Room Tip: Make sure that you get a room with a view of Hong Kong
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The ICON was just finishing its soft opening when I stayed in June 2011, however the level of service provided was akin to an already established venue, which is testament to the hard work and professionalism of the staff.

We stayed in a Club 60 Suite which was fantastic, very spacious with all modern amenities, the bathroom in particular was excellent with a separate bath and Rain Shower and spotlessly clean. The view from the room to HK Island was absolutely spectacular and worth the nightly rate in itself! The club suite comes with access to the Above and Beyond bar on the top floor of the hotel, where you can get free drinks and canapés for a couple of hours in the evening if you wish. I would recommend getting Benny the bar tender to prepare you a Mojito, absolutely delicious.

I ate at the Chinese Restaurant on the top floor and I'd rate it as one of the best Chinese establishments I have had the pleasure of eating in, well worth the visit if a little on the expensive side. The Market Restaurant for breakfast was excellent with a huge range of foods from all o eR the world to satisfy the most eclectic of tastes, the Dim Sum were exceptional.

The SPA was not open when I visited due to the soft opening so I cannot comment on the services. The pool was very nice, my only criticism was the fact that only 8 sun loungers were provided which is clearly not enough for the size of the hotel.

The ICON is one of the best hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying in and I cannot wait for my next visit.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Lovely looking hotel, stylish rooms. Thoughtful touches ie free m&ms, cute Hong Kong maps, etc. Service was professional, friendly and responsive. Check in and out was smooth. Beautiful views both from our room and from the pool/gym area. Well located for shopping along Granville Rd etc.

Minor gripes: Access to Above and Beyond level 28 bar/restaurant (prior to 8pm) is restricted to club members or those who paid extra for access. This seemed a bit cheap for a hotel of this calibre - this isn't a low cost airline - it should be part of the offering for all guests. Breakfast is nice but expensive even for hotel standards.

Tips - look into offers that include breakfast and access to Above and Beyond. It would have been a good spot to watch the light show (if we'd been allowed in). Shop around for deals before booking/paying they can vary. The Harbour view rooms are worth the additional spend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I cannot recommend Hotel Icon highly enough! I frequently travel internationally and I can say this hotel is easily within the top 5 hotels I have ever stayed in, including other 5 star hotels, LHW, etc. The rooms are very comfortable, the decor is chic but not cold, the shower is heaven, the bed is incredibly comfortable, the food at all of the restaurants is outstanding, and the wine lists are very well chosen. More importantly however is the staff. The staff continually went above and beyond the call of duty. One of the concierges, Alvin, was absolutely angelic in helping me deal with my lost luggage, as well as suggesting a computer store in which i purchased a new laptop at $500USD below what i would've paid in New York. Tina, another concierge was incredibly helpful in outfitting the room to my specifications before arrival, including stocking the free mini bar with my requested beverages. Joey (female) in the spa gave me the best massage and pedicure I have ever had.

In sum, for someone who travels extensively I am blown away by Hotel Icon. I wouldn't stay anywhere else (including the Peninsula & Mandarin) in Hong Kong. This place has solidified my return patronage.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We were very pleasantly surprised and amazed at the use of quality furnishings in the hotel.

There were some clever design elements such as subtly hidden wardrobe and the curved bathroom door, which saves a lot of space in the room and is fun. Although the shade of brown of the wood finish was not my favourite, I was very impressed with the room.

The bathroom was well decked out too, although it could do with one more hook or towel bar. The shower stall had a surprising curved design that was roomier than it looked. And the bathtub was deep! There was a TV just above the bathtub. Unfortunately, it did not work and I was not prepared to have a technician come over that late at night.

From the Club Floor at least, the harbour view was absolutely stunning.

The hotel was staffed with permanent staff and interns. Service was cheerful and warm. It was mostly great, although there was one who served us our in-room dining who did not really know what she was doing.

Overall, we were well served and enjoyed the stay tremendously.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed in a Club Suite 80 last month for six nights and had an amazing experience. Got the limo service from the airport and was greeting immediately upon arrival and shown straight to the room. The service was first class and a special mention must be given to Joanna who was always on hand to answer any questions we had and could not do enough to ensure our stay was perfect. All the hotel staff spoke excellent English and could answer any questions we had about going to see the sites. The room itself was jaw-dropping and excellent value for money, full of amenities, spacious and very well thought out. Most nights we slept with the curtains open because the views were that spectacular! Location wise, I found the ICON perfect and everything seemed close. We found the cabs very cheap but we also used the free shuttle bus service which is excellent and always on schedule. Even walking, there are plenty of shops and restaurants around the hotel if you decide to venture out on foot. The club room gave us access to the Above & Beyond bar with free cocktails for two hours every evening. It was great for meeting other people and getting extra tips on where to visit (we did a daytrip to Macau because of a recommendation from a couple in the bar!). For breakfast we chose to eat in The Market which is a bit like a buffet with a very wide range of food from East to West. It was my first visit to Hong Kong and I could not recommend this hotel enough. It completely lived up to the rave reviews I read on this site before my visit and I would love to get the chance to visit again. If only all hotels were like this!

Room Tip: If budget allows, go for the club rooms with a harbour view. Worth every penny.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel ICON? Share your experiences!