“Definitely the place to stay in HK” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel ICON

You added Hotel ICON to your Saves list
Hotel ICON
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Special Offer
Save 35% Enjoy US$217 up
Ranked #2 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 stars 2,671 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
“Definitely the place to stay in HK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a brand new hotel which I have chosen to stay in after reading all the positive reviews. Although I had very high expectations from all the reviews, Hotel Icon still exceeded my expectations in every aspect, esp in terms of service.

Facilities wise, everything is ultra modern and very clean. Although the room was not considered big compared to other parts of the world, it was very spacious by HK standards. The room was very well equipped - from basic amenities to refreshing and high tech gadgets. The free mini bar was definitely a plus compared to many other 5 star hotels.

In terms of location, it is very conveniently located and about 10 to 15 mins walk to the TST MTR. Although I was travelling by taxi mostly, I did tried the free hotel shuttle which was very prompt and the driver was even nice enough to drop off some guests at specific location (nearby) other than the designated stops.

However, what actually struck out most about the hotel is the staff. They were all very young and energetic, giving a vibrant feel to the whole hotel. I was greeted with smiles everywhere I go in the hotel and everyone was very sincere in helping with everything that I needed. It definitely made me felt very much at home during the entire stay.

Hotel Icon is definitely one of the best stay I've had in any hotel and I will definitely choose to stay there again when i revisit HK. I highly recommend the hotel, regardless if you are traveling for business or pleasure!

Room Tip: Choose the club rooms which are on higher floors and comes with club access and free breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (882)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Booked this hotel based on reviews on tripadvisor and was happy every day of my 7 day stay. The hotel is new and everything is on par. Check in - check out was smooth, I recommend staying on the higher floors as there is a separate reception, complimentary internet and great view of the harbour. The location is great, service is exceptional - staff is always happy to assist. I even got a phonecall whilst in the room saying that my front door was not completely closed and asking if everything was alright. )
The pool is very good for an afternoons swim, the fitness room, sauna and SPA were great.
The hotel restaurant was also excellent, good choice of food and very good service.
I would definitely come back to this place again, I really hope the hotel keeps up the high standarts that it has set.
Oh almost forgot - the lobby has a live garden on the wall!!! With flowers grass and everything, its on the wall and it is live )))) Great work.
And last but not least - definitely go for the cupcakes in the lobby bar, they are exceprional!

Room Tip: Definitely go for the Victoria harbour view rooms on the higher floors.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I had the absolute pleasure of being guests at the Hotel Icon from July 14 through July 19. I have never written a Trip Advisor review before, but I felt I needed to share my experience. First, we were greeted at the door by Edith, who took us to our room, checked us in, and explained all the amenities of the facility. She was extremely professional and knowledgeable. We stayed in a Above and Beyond Club room on the 25th floor. We had sweeping views of Hong Kong Island and Kowloon. The room was quite large considering the the fact we were in a huge city. The bathroom provided plenty of space, especially the shower, which had a rain shower feature. The mini bar is complimentary and refilled each day.
Once we were settled, our doorbell rang. A bottle of wine was delivered and a card signed by the staff wishing us a Happy Anniversary. We were celebrating our 7th. We decided to make reservations for dinner. We went to the concierge desk and spoke to Cody, who made the reservation. When we arrived at the restaurant, our first round of drinks were paid by the Hotel. I though that was a very nice gesture. We frequented the concierge desk often for recommendations and travel plans. A young lady who was extremely helpful was Kit. She helped organize and plan our way around the city.
Overall the Hotel Icon is a beautiful and modern hotel, but the service is the real reason why I am writing this review. If you are someone who enjoys impeccable service, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the Above and Beyond club level. The club level offers many worthwhile amenities.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I have booked two club rooms at the hotel. It was great time and my family really enjoy the view from suit room. The staffs are young and energetic. The room is spacious with all needed hi tech equipments. I was impressed that mini bar and telephone cost within HK is free.

Anyway there are small things that I feel it would be great if the hotels provide the manual for all euipments in room for example I didn't know hot to dial to other room and within HK or how to use TV since it is connected through media box especially club room. I have spent half day to know how to use bluray, and TV system, .

Regarding to above and beyond club priorities on 28th floor, I think staffs should explain the guest all priorities they offer when they check-in since some priorities are dififent from what they are posted on website. Many times I have to call them asking about my concerns on feattures.

Also, when I checked in at 15.00, one of the room is not ready yet. I have tried to print out some document from the all-in-one printer within the room, but I can't. Finally When I checked out, I asked staff why I couldn't print out. They said it is not working and I could print documents at their desk. My question is why they didn't explain this when I first check-in.

Anyway the hotel is great and I am impressed with the breakfast offering various of fresh food. The panorama view from gym is fantastic.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I was pleased with the service of this hotel from the moment I got there. I save my money and love to stay at great hotels, Hotel Icon is the the best one yet! This was my first trip to Hong Kong and the hotel staff was very helpful with maps, tips, and guides. Every question I asked was met with kindness and top quality answers. This is how celebrities must be treated, I felt VIP the whole time!

The room was immaculate, the decor relaxing, clean, modern, zen. I was actually sad to check out and go home, I loved the hotel, my home away from home. I really enjoyed Hong Kong as well, and will plan another vacation there, and I would only consider staying here!

The location is 2 minutes from the subway ( we took it every where), 2 USD cab fare from most things you want to see, and a 5 minute walk to great shopping, and really great variety of restaurants. The food at the hotel was delicious and plenty.

I have stayed at some of the best hotels in the world, and I was so impressed with Hotel Icon, I encourage you to give it a try without hesitation!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Amazing staff, great facilities, well thought out and considered hotel, comfy beds, quiet room, superb food, great service,not just a satisfied customer but a FAN!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Son, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Amazing design both on the exterior an the interior, and in a very convenient part of town, the Icon deserves to be an icon. A 10-minute walk will get you to the Avenue of the Stars, where luckily the turban-clad gang of "you-have-a-lucky-face" intimidators seem to have been removed. (long story, but ask anyone who has been the Avenue of the Stars prior to 2010, and they will be able to enlighten you), and from there on in, you are in the thick of Kowloon.

Rooms are spacious, clean, well designed, clean, well equipped, clean, have comfortable beds and did I mention that they are clean? Stayed on the 25th floor with access to the "Above and Beyond" executive facilities. Ate breakfast there two days; you can order from a menu as well as eat from the buffet. On the second day the buffet became quite bare by 0940, and it didn't seem to be replenished until just before closing time at 1000 which seemed a bit odd. Breakfast downstairs was superb, both as regards to quality and choice. Didn't try the afternoon tea, but did try cocktail hour where there was an excellent choice. Which takes me to the classical music. There it was, ever present, slightly to dominating and loud, both at breakfast and in the evening. I actually found it a bit depressing, rather like being in Arkhangelsk on a cold, dark, rainy morning in November. I don't need or want cultural infusion at breakfast time - I need coffee. There seems to be noise everywhere in Hong Kong, so it would be interesting to know if other guests think it might be a good idea to cut out the enforced music at breakfast.

Service is generally faultless. As I had a flight leaving at 0210, I paid for a late checkout at 6pm. this cost 50% of the usual room rate. The plan was to get some sleep during the afternoon, and take a shower before leaving. Despite the "Do not disturb" light being on, housekeeping rang (on the phone) at 4pm to say that they could not service my room because the do not disturb sign was on. Check the times: it was 4pm, and I was going to check out at 6pm, so i don't understand what they were going to achieve with a service at that time. Needless to say, I had been asleep for 10 minutes when they rang, and that was that. no more sleep. The shower didn't go too well either; there was no warm water, so my shower ended up being a wash in the sink. I hope a bit more experince will help them iron out these small problems, because they really do try hard and have really achieved a lot in the short space of time they have been open.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel ICON? Share your experiences!