“Best hotel in hk” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   International Commerce Center, No.1 Austin Road West, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (West Kowloon)   |
Hotel packages

Service 5 stars
Location 4.5stars
Room 5stars
Gym and faculties 5stars

Note let the downstairs know of any of your concerns/ questions it was my birthday and we asked them for a couple of tips not only did they give us amazing recommendations I also came to my room to see a birthday cake given to me on behalf of the hotel!

Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore River, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I recently had the opportunity to stay at The Ritz-Carlton in Hong kong with my son.

Known for its legendary service, it has far exceeded my expectation. From the arrival experience where we were warmly welcomed by Joe, to in-room check-in, to the club lounge. Every member of the staff addressed us by name (i wonder how they did it) and they were eager to assist and ensure we have the most comfortable stay.

The view from my room, needless to say, is simply awesome. In the room, we received not only a hand-written welcome card from the General Manager, but we also had a personalised welcome letter from the housekeeping attendant who took the time to introduce herself and re-assuring us that we are in good hands.

At the club lounge, Parry is defintely running a fantastic team. Victor, Felix, Elisa and Wookie were outstanding and they made us felt so welcomed that it was difficult to leave.

I want to thank the entire team at The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong, for making us feel like we are 'home away from home'. You can be sure that I will be sharing my wonderful experience with my friends and colleagues.

If you are looking for a great hotel to stay, this has to be it! Check it out.

SH Tan

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Cafe 103 is fabulous ! I LOVE the chocolate tea set in Cafe 103 ! I went there with my friends and we had a tea set for two. I really love the desserts <3 and the service was excellent. The staffs helped us took tons of photo and they helped me pack the tea set because we couldn't finish it. My friends and I had a great time in Cafe 103. Great view, great service, great food. It is a really nice place to visit if you have friends visiting HK for the first time. We are excited to visit Cafe 103 again for their easter afternoon tea set :D

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I landed in Hong Kong free of a priori, i didn't know what to expect and i have to say my first contact with this incredible city was the hotel....i assure you that our relationship started in the best conditions possible, the Ritz Carlton is simply fabulous, all the equipment are brand new, the service is optimum. after a long day of sight seeing, the swimming pool and the jacuzzi located at the 118th floor will offer you a delightful moment, it's like swimming in the sky, the view let me speechless.
You understood my point, just go there if you have the opportunity, you won't regret it

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Newbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

For our first 3 nights of our family holiday in Asia, we wanted a very special place to stay. I booked the Ritz Carlton through Amex Platinum's Fine Hotels and Resorts Programme. I'm also a Marriott Gold card member.

We arrived early into HK, and after a quick journey on the Airport Express train (Kowloon Station is right under the hotel), arrived at the hotel just before 8am on a Friday. Early checkin was no problem, and the promised free upgrade to a Victoria Harbour room was available. Very good so far, probably down to FHR and my gold status I suppose!

The view from the 107th floor was magnificent, as was the room. The attention to detail and finishings were excellent. Definitely a new luxury hotel. The view will not be forgotten for some time.

The breakfast buffet was excellent, and again the view. Although pricey, the FHR booking gave us two freebies per day, so we just had to pay for my daughter.

I highly recommend the pool... Probably the best indoor pool in the world, on the 118th floor. The outdoor hot tub is also fabulous to watch the planes go by.

Service was always excellent, especially at checkin.

As for negatives... The extra cost for a third person in the room, my 13 year old daughter, was extortionate. I knew about this cost at booking, but continued anyway... But it was still tough to swallow after the already high costs. The other negative is location. It is handy for Kowloon station, and there is Elements mall underneath, but it's a construction zone between the hotel and Tsim Sha Tsui and Nathan road, so you need to take a taxi (which are cheap, but tough to flag down in Kowloon for a return journey). Don't try and walk it. It is easier to return from Central in Hong Kong Island via the metro.

It was a fabulous experience, the room, pool, bars, food,... And of course the view. I definitely want to go back some day.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed one night, club level room. The room was gorgeous, comfortable and quiet. The view was amazing (110th floor, harbor view). The Club Lounge was well-appointed with a great variety of high quality food and beverages. Needless to say the service was impeccable, almost to the point of being overbearing for someone who doesn't mind hauling their own bags. The Ritz isn't for the faint of wallet, but well worth the experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rancho Santa Fe, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We spent a weekend in a club level Deluxe Victoria Harbor Suite on the 109th floor. Let me begin by stating that this hotel is incredible and the "Ladies and Gentlemen" of the Ritz Carlton overall did a great job. But, I don't think I would return. Hong Kong has to be one of the Worlds most competitive Luxury Hotel markets, and on that basis, in my opinion they do not quite compete with the Mandarin, Four-Seasons, Penninsula and Landmark.

My review is more "Subjective" in nature rather than "Objective" but hopefully it will be helpful to those of you considering investing the considerable monies required to stay at this property...

For the positives: I booked online and the booking and confirmation process were flawless. The follow up prior to arrival via email was personal and intuitive. The views of Central HK are unprecedented. Towering above even the tallest buildings in Central is awesome, and watching the commuter Helicopters some 1000' below is very cool. The food, beverage, service and views in the Club Level Lounge are incredible and is a great value. The Ozone Bar is kinda cool and the Red Curry with Duck in the lobby bar is great.

For the negatives: The lobby is on the 109th floor, and is serviced by four small elevators. These elevators were slow and always seemed to be crowded with shoppers and tourists. The men's spa is very small and would not comfortably accommodate more than two people at a time. The Deluxe Victoria Harbor Suite falls short of the similar priced Suites at the above mentioned properties. Small and poorly designed. My wife and I found ourselves tripping over each other during our 2 night stay...The closet area, doors and bed seem to collide in a poorly planned manner. There is a wall dividing the room that makes the space feel cramped and disjointed. I felt this way about the common areas and hallways in the hotel too, dark, cramped and somewhat "Maze like"

In summary, the city views are magnificent and cannot be beat. The service is generally excellent, especially in the Club Level Lounge.

Room Tip: Stay in a Club Level room