“Best milk tea!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Macau Restaurant

Macau Restaurant
40-46 Lock Road, 87-93 Nathan Road, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)
852-26281990
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Vancouver, Canada
“Best milk tea!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

If you enjoy hk style milk tea this place is a must try. I tried this place for dinner and although they were all sold out of their famous roasted pig the dishes i ordered were pretty good. I heard their lunch hour is the busiest. Will definately go back and try out their lunch menu.

Visited April 2013

75% Recommend
  • Indonesian first
Anchorage, Alaska
“Right near the Nathan Rd. and Sheraton Hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

It looks like this restaurant has 4 franchises and the one I went to was on the Lock Rd.
As others have mentioned, the food is quite good.
I had not tasted Macanese food before and I wasn't planning on eating there but the friendly hostess sitting at their front door was very helpful in recommending where to visit and what to eat since it was my first trip to HK.
The next morning, I had the Macanese Crispy Bun with Pork Chop (澳門豬扒豬仔包 HK$25) with the Portugese eggtart. (compared to the pork chop buns and eggtart that I had in Macau the next day, I feel this restaurant ranks the top.)
They have western breakfasts but it would be a shame if you don't try their Macanese delicacies.
In my honest opnion, their crispy buns for the pork chop was hands down the very best I had. It was crispy on the outside and soft/doughy on the inside.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
perth, western australia
“Value and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This Macau Restaurant is situated along Hankow Road, very close to Kowloon Park side.

Extremely popular with locals and tourists as they start early and finish at 2.00am. Sometimes during rush hours, you'll have to wait for seats but service is quick (the ladies do day shift which I found to be more efficient whereas the men do the night shift, a little slack).

Having visited here on two previous trips, I thought it's about time I help popularise this place. Their must eat is Portuguese tarts, served warm. For a change, I also tried their club sandwich (lightly toasted) ,filling with a serve of pork patty/pork chop, salad of just iceberg and tomatoes with a squeeze of salad cream topped with gherkins, and thin slice of spam. Surprisingly tasty. Their chicken curry was also nice but could be a little hotter (chillie wise), ice coffee was great, fried beans with minced pork in blachan was good and so was the porridge.

One of my regular joint.

Visited April 2013
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
“Great spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

After checking into our hotel and crashing for a couple hours, we woke up ravenous and came across this restaurant. It was full so we decided to give it a shot. We had the portuguese bun with fried porkchop, fried calamari, and a curry fried rice. Everything was fresh and delicious! The calamari was probably one of the best I ever had...very fresh, with light breading, and cooked al dente and not at all rubbery as I was afraid.

We went there the following night for a late night snack. My husband couldn't get enough of the curry fried rice so he got it again. I got their stirfried broad rice noodle with beef, which was very good as well.

This place was a good find for us.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cologne, Germany
“Nice Portuguese Egg Tarts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

The menu has wide varieties of food from Macau. The Pork Bun is average. Their roast goose is excellent and don't forget to order the Portuguese Egg tarts. The Egg tarts are so delicious and served warm as well. We even take away some and bring back to the hotel as supper.

• Visited March 2012