“Great Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hoi King Heen (Mody Road)

Hoi King Heen (Mody Road)
B2/F, InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, No.70 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui | Grand Stanford Intercontinental Hotel, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)
852-27312883
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Northwood, United Kingdom
“Great Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I treated myself to a meal here on mynlast night stay in the hotel. The service was outstanding - a true Michelin experience. The food was very good but not mind blowing! I had the hot and sour soup which was very tasty and one of th best I have eaten. I then and the prawns with chilli and garlic which tasted of neither chilli or garlic but they were perfectly cooked. I also had the noodles with spring onions which was the best part if the meal. I was also very surprised at the reasonable price of wine - cheaper than the hotel bar!

Overall a good meal - just not outstanding.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
“1 Michelin star...wonder why”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had lunch with friends last saturday, the 12 of us ordered at least 25 dishes, ended up paying $2700 in total (discounted..was 3000), however not sure what the fuss is all about.
Staff who helped us in taking order was not friendly at all, the way he talked was like we were in some local Chinese restaurants; always took ages for them to refill hot water/tea; other staffs didn't bother wearing a smile on their faces...
Food were alright however quite expensive especially with the service vs food received.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“Nice spot for il Padrino !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Went there with my buddy who is a Chef in Bali , just to give a try to this Michelin star spot . Well satisfied with the service that is attentive and polite , the ambient is the classic Chinese ones with style I would say . The food was tasty and with a nice presentation so we enjoyed a lot this Chinese dinner but always with one Italian espresso at the end !

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Launceston, Tasmania
“Lives Up to Its Reputation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

An excellent restaurant with good ratings. Efficient and friendly service. An excellent wine list and menu. The degustation is wonderful.

Visited July 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Must order 48 hrs in advance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We went here on our 1st night in Hong Kong. We had made reservations online and a menu had been emailed to us. However, only a few of the menu items requiring advanced notice were printed on the menu. After noting that none of the items we planned to order had the 48hrs advanced notice designation, we didn't pre-order anything. When we arrived and seated, we were told that the winter melon items and their "law mai gai" dish all required the 48hrs advanced notice. Boy were we disappointed! The waiter totally had an "I don't care attitude" and told us in a flippant way, "Well we have a lot of other good dishes that you can order" and proceeded not to make any recommendations. We decided not to leave and ordered a few dishes. Everything tasted okay but service was poor. Our plates were never changed out and no one came to refill our drinks. The best part of the meal was the almond cream dessert, though the waitress that made it did not stir the egg whites fast enough and we had several large chunks in the cream. On our way out, I asked another patron who had pre-ordered the "law mai gai" and she said that on her phone reservation, they did advise her to preorder several dishes and she said that the "law mai gai" was worth coming back to try. If I do come back, I hope the wait staff has a better attitude.

• Visited May 2012