“Good location but small room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Burlington Hotels Limited

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hong Kong
The Burlington Hotels Limited
You added The Burlington Hotels Limited to your Saves list
51-57 Hennessy Road,Wanchai, Hong Kong, China (Wan Chai / Causeway Bay)   |
Ranked #261 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Austin, Texas
“Good location but small room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were pleased with the good location, close to Public transport, Admirality, Pacific Place Shopping Centre and other shopping centre. The rooms are quite small, but well equiped with even a small kitchen. The bed is not really comfortable, hope that can be improved. Overall, it will be suitable for budget and non picky stayers only. Reception also good command in English.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Carlow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Staying to 10 nights and sick of hotels, so I opted for this serviced apartment style. It was spacious and comfortable, clean, staff were excellent and helpful. Well serviced by public transport and loads of nice restaurants nearby. I never waited more then two mins for a taxi. For those who cannot find same, it's beside the metro park hotel as some taxi drivers not familiar with same.

Room Tip: Go for superior room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

As long as you don't expect a 5 star, this hotel is just fine. I stayed in a Superior Double on the 12th floor that was surprisingly large for Hong Kong standards. Also very well equipped, cooking facility, coffee machine, iron and board. Pretty quiet too. And the location os good, especially if the bar rounds to be considered. I had not time for that but Wanchai is a more lively part of the island.

Room Tip: AS mentioned a Superior room seems to be larger than regular rooms, twin bed of queen size available...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We went to Hong Kong with my parents on June 2011, and booked 2 rooms in The Burlington II via AsiaRooms.com. The reason I booked this hotel, because my husband was having a convention nearby so to ease him travelling far with the working attire and stuff, we choose one hotel that near to the Hong Kong Convention Centre.

We arrived in the afternoon (HK Time), and went straight to the hotel, but to our disappointment the hotel wasn't easy to be located, apparently the taxi driver said he is very familiar with the nearbys of the hotel (at Wanchai, Hennessy Road), and to our horror, the claimed that there isn't any hotel in operation at that place, the hotel Burlington he knows is UNDER CONSTRUCTION. But nonetheless, he brought us around to check it out... after arriving at The Burlington area, we noticed that there's another sign board beside the construction side read 'The Burlington 2'... We suspected this could be it (as it wasn't spelled out on our hotel confirmation), we went ahead to their lobby at 2nd floor to find out.

We entered a really small lift and reach a very small lobby... the 2 guys at the counter confirmed to us that our booking is with them - The Burlington 2! Ok... so we proceed with the check-ins. After the younger gentlemen got hold of our passports and make copies of it, he demanded us to pay off the whole hotel stay payment - I have no problem in doing that, so gave my credit card to him and let him make the payment, before swiping the card, he told me that they will hold 2 payments:

1) 2 hotel rooms (total for 3 nights): HKD4,800 - and
2) full deposits of the hotel room: HKD4,800 (!!!!!)....

I told him, I have no problem in settling the full payment and let him hold on to 'some' deposit, but to take the full room rates even AFTER I have pay off the hotel room - NO WAY! Then he just simply brushed me off by saying - this is hotel policy! I then asked him if he's manager on duty is here, I demand to speak. He looked a bit relunctant, then I told him - look! This is not the only hotel in Hong Kong, infact, I have got another hotel booking in Kowloon Hotel confirmed after 3 nights staying here (we stayed 1 week in HK for 2 diff hotels)... they he picked up the phone and call 'his boss'... He explained the situation to the boss and I demanded the speak to the boss, I told her that, this is not my first time to Hong Kong and that my husband and I had travelled a lot, we know how the hotel policy goes, if they insisted of getting our FULL payment + FULL payment deposits (total of HKD9,600!), I would cancel this booking and move to another hotel. The lady over the phone was nice and patient, she said, OK... they'll just collect the HKD4,800 full payment + few hundred dollars as deposit! Ok, then I said this is what they really call good hotel service. (But deep down I feel that if this is really 'hotel policy', how can they just change as and when they like?)... anyway, I've got what is fair, then I am happy and checked-in.

Once we got our rooms - I was pleased. Despite both are small rooms (and they are located in another building than the lobby - yes, we have to exit the buiding, took another SMALL lift to enter another building - note that my family are of bigger size Asian, the lift fitted 4 of us "perfectly", haha! there's no room for another person). The rooms depsite small, it's fully equipped, as you can see in the pictures I am sharing, there are a small kitchenette that fully equipped, flat screen TV, CD player, wifi (free), and also a toilet (very small!!) with high water pressure. One thing to note - when we first went in the room, the air con was not working in my parents' room, I called to the reception, the young man that did checked in for us came immediately and clean the filter for us, it works fine throughout our stay after that. There is no breakfast available in the hotel, but honestly, you don't really need in-house hotel style breakfast when you are in HK, walking out of the hotel main door, you will find tons and tons of eateries nearby and also convenient stores.

Despite the one-off bad experience we had during the check-in, this hotel is not bad if you are looking for something economical and clean.

Ps. As I mentioned my second booking was with Kowloon Hotel, I settled the full payment upon check-in (as usual) and asked if they need any deposit during our stay, they only collected HKD1500 (about SGD300 for 3 nights)... I am amazed and happy - And really wonder why a higher class hotel works so differently from the lower class one? The Burlington 2, this is something that your hotel management really should look at - no way everything is to YOUR benefit and customers are bearing all the disadvantages.

Room Tip: - Small lifts - Hotel rooms are in different building than the main lobby - Small rooms - Small t...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I recently stayed at The Burlington Hotel in Wan Chai for business for 5 days. When arriving at midnight the hotel receptionists asked me for $1500 for a deposit for the room. As my work were paying for the hotel and my expenses I did not have this money to hand. My credit card had recently been copied so that was not working for them to take an imprint. The receptionist then walked me around to 3 different cash points trying my blocked card for the money. I was livid and ended up giving them 2000 Thai Baht for the night. I then had to get the cash from my work the next day. So be aware - they expect a deposit on arrival. If you are unfortunate to not have a card, you will have to pay cash. The hotel room was clean and comfortable and quite modern. It was a little smaller than it looks on the picture but was fine. The shower was good and powerful. The aircon was quite hard to control. It was either too hot or too cold. There is no restuarant onsite or water in the rooms but being in Wan Chai this is not a problem. If you want breakfast, lunch or dinner you will have to go out. There is an onsite gym which was good and unsupervised. For the price I am not sure I would stay again. For business trips I think I would prefer a hotel. Staff could be a little friendlier too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
nice
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Very good location in heart of Wan Chai, close to MTR. Nice and clean room. Air con, TV and Wifi in room. Little fridge, coffee machine, microwave.Very quiet despite the location on Hennessy Road (busy busy). Affordable price. Very pleasant stay, feel like home.I'll certainely book again for a next stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Macau
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Stayed just one night with my GF somehow during my reservation my booking was created twice by agoda, when I called them and their reservation agent informed me its fine the booking will be cancelled, by surprise I found out that I still have 2 charges on my credit card at the end of the month. Sadly after contacting Agoda their reply is that THE HOTEL does not want to refund my booking...

So unfortunately I would not recommend you to stay in this Hotel since they are not very understanding of any customer issues.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Burlington Hotels Limited? Share your experiences!