“Excellent buy for your money!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stitch-up Tailors

Stitch-up Tailors
Star House, 3 Salisbury Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)
Improve this listing
Ranked #156 of 319 Shopping in Hong Kong
New York City, New York
“Excellent buy for your money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was first introduced to Andy and Stitch Up Tailors by one of my staff during a business trip to Hong Kong in 2009. At first, I was a bit hesitant especially since I was accustomed to Pal Zileri, Brioni, and Cornelliani Suits. I must say that after the first 24 hours, when I wnet in for my fitting, I was impressed.

Andy and his folks did an excellent job, and had my suit ready for me in three days! The day i walked in to Stitch Up Tailors, was the last time I spent a few thousand dollars for a suit off the rack or hand made ones. I have had twenty suits made, and have yet to see any problems. Additionally, I have had jackets, pants, AND shirts made. They are excellent!

In fact, Andy usually ships the finished product to my mother's place in Virginia, USA, and I pcik them up upon my return, since I travel so much. I would recommend him anytime and to anyone gladly. Actually, a couple of my friends have been turned on to Andy's tailoring...and they only sent in suits that they wear and like, and he made them without ever having to see these people.

That should tell you about the quality of work that they do. Bravo!

Visited June 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Great suits and prices - returning customer.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I bought my first suit from Sitch-up Tailors about 3 years ago during a visit to Hong Kong. It became one of my favorites. Last September 2012 I bought a suit, 2 sports jackets and 2 pairs of pants from Andy during his visit to Los Angeles. The suits arrived on time and I was even more impressed this time with the quality and cut. A couple of notches above from my first suit. Andy also accomodated all my requests for extra pockets and linings to get away from the ordinary. I buy 80% of my clothes from Brooks Brothers and that is my benchmark for comparison. I highly recommend them. All the best Andy.

R. Duran
Los Angeles, CA

Visited September 2012
Houston, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“Smart Clothier by ARIF, tailoring from Wallmart”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Do not use this man to get tailored clothes from. He does horrible work. We spent over $3500 and we cannot wear anything he made. He is located at SHOP NO.121, 1/F, Melborune Plaza, 33 Queen's Road Central, HK. Do Not Use HIm

Visited February 2012
london
“Poor Quality Suits- Dont Waste Your Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I too visited Hong Kong for business and had stumbled across this store by luck at the back of Star House (not the nicest of malls). Very small shop where I tried my luck of having a tailor made suit. The shop run by Andy and George (both friendly Indian business men), I saw the vast arrange of fabrics and he quoted me a tailor made suit for only (£200 pounds). This is a very good price for a suit that is supposed to be tailored to your body using high quality materials. However as I found out, their idea of tayloring is different to what I have experienced in Saville Rowe and New York. They do not measure every part of your body, rather chest, shoulder, waist and leg length (that is it!). This was done by their Chinese Taylor very quickly and used various pins to mark my size. They said the suit would take around 1-2 days to knock up. I came back in two days, Suit as expected fitted like you would by a suit in a store ready made, not like a tailor made suit to your body. Material felt good at the time, a mixture of wool and cashmere. Stitching inside look questionable and so did the zip on the trousers (similar to a zip on a rain coat). I pointed this out and they didnt like what I had to say, I had paid a deposit and I either lose that or cough up the rest (no refunds). Result after two months use,(I work in the city of London as a Lloyds Underwriter). Material is awful starting to fuzz up and almost bubble. 2 Buttons on the sleeve of the jacket have fallen off, the stitching on the inside is very far apart and doesnt look like it will last long at all. Plus the padding on the shoulders of the jacket are far too thick, much like an american style suit. Overall, I am very disappointed with the suit and should have gone and paid more to the taylors with a better rep along or near Nathan road. In my opinion this is not a proper taylor and the quality of workmanship is not worth the money. Both George and Andy are nice business men but they do not have a clue about a good quality suit. My advice would be to pay that little more extra and go to a taylor that knows what they are doing. To those that have had suits made and are satsified are not use to quality of the top European suits, Zegna, Ravenbourne Croft, Armani.etc. These taylors claim they use the same material, but this is to sucker you in. Too good to be true. If you want top quality, pay that little more extra.

Visited April 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Well priced suits and shirts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

After being very disappointed with very well known and expensive Hong Kong tailor, I was initially apprehensive in having any more clothing made in Hong Kong. However I was pleasantly surprised by the cost, quality, cut and fit of both suits and shirts supplied by Stitch-Up Tailors. I have no hesitation in re-ordering from Andy and George.

Visited August 2011