“Perfect little secret Gem in Hong Kong” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Butterfly on Wellington

You added Butterfly on Wellington to your Saves list
Butterfly on Wellington
3.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   No.122 Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong, China   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
only on butterflyhk.com
Ranked #45 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
4.5 of 5 stars 592 Reviews
orient
“Perfect little secret Gem in Hong Kong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed at this very chic boutique hotel from December 13th to 16th.
This hotel was amazing and exceeded our expectations.
It was located in a very centralized area. Everything is within reach on foot. Very clean hotel. Size was just right for couples and for solo or business travelers. Amenities provided in the room were good.
The highlight of this stay was the very attentive and friendliness of the staff. They were the reasons we would most likely come back.
If you want some peace and quiet, and yet be in a centralized area with very helpful and professional staff to help you throughout your stay in Hong Kong....guarantee you
"Butterfly on Wellington" would be your best choice!!!

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

To the management,

I've been traveling all my years, although this is my first review on tripadvisor. I believe things have to be straighten up. The staff at the reception was nice but there was a concierge downstairs was not helpful at all. He sees me with luggage and does not even rather want to help me with it and starts smoking outside. As I clearly see the name tape of the staff was Peter Li! He is rude and gave a restaurant recommendation and I actually felt sick after eating it. It made my one night really bad. I also asked where the closest hospital is and they directed me to somewhere called Ruttonjee Hospital which is far away. Please stay away with this unhelpful concierge, I wouldn't stay here again and ever again! Also the housekeepers were so "clean" I wonder what the housekeeper team leader was doing, day dreaming! It's so dirty! Do they even check their rooms? I guess not!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice location. Small rooms. Minimal amenities. Poor Service. It is a botique hotel, yes, but there are many botique hotels close to this location that offer more amenities. I would stay here again if the other choice hotels are sold out or more expensive.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Wellington, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are glad that you love our convenient location. As for the guest services, this is an area we always proud of and that is the quality which make us stand out from other hotels. We will definitely look into this matter and follow up with appropriate actions. Thanks again for your review. We truly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back, and to regain your confidence in our brand with a better experience next time.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I disagree with several of Mandela C of Italy's comments :
- the Internet at the hotel is very fast.
- why stay in a boutique hotel if u want food? When a vast variety of both fine and budget dinning are right outside the door?
- in my experience, taxis do stop and drop u off outside the hotel though u might need to walk a few steps to the main roads to catch one. There isn't much need to use taxis in HK anyway: u are in much better control of time when u use the MTR - definitely no traffic jam.
- the hotel has always been clean in my experience also.

I've lost count as to th number of times I'd stayed here. As I write, I'm sitting in the hotel's lobby waiting to go to the airport to get back home. I absolutely love the hotel's location: it's proximity to citysuper (supermarket) at IFC where I get my bread (western style) and milk, the wet market right next door with all its variety of exotic fruit ( I'm just sorry this is not an apartment hotel where I can cook a meal), Hong Kong park where I do my daily run/walk before the city wakes up - Central at this time is simply beautiful. If it rains, I run/walk on the covered skywalks going out to the waterfront. Besides, u get better coffees in Central and I love watching all the beautiful people and wannabe beautiful people at IFC and Landmark. Come time to get home, it's easy to walk to the city check in at IFC and get the train to the airport ( no need for taxi).

Hollywood road and the mid-levels are great places to explore, with their centuries old little alleyways, quaint little shops and granite steps and pavings. The area smells of old Hong Kong in the 50s and 60s when the place was perhaps poorer but much more genteel. Yes, u do need to be careful with the uneven grounds - definitely a falls risk for older people.

This is not your run of the mill big, flashy hotel. If u want those go to the Marriott, Sheraton, or the likes, have your big breakfasts and keep company with fellow noisy tourists.

Room Tip: I usually choose a signature room for more space.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Wellington, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for choosing Butterfly on Wellington! We love seeing our guests return--it means a lot to us. It is a real pleasure to read that you enjoyed all the details we put together to make your visit at the hotel unfforgettable. Thank you as well for pointing out our excellent location, close to both shopping and dining area. We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon in the near future
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

i arrived at hk 2 days ago.
first hotel was terrible,
so i moved to butterfly on wellington.
this hotel is the best hotel in the world
very kind, clean and pretty
i am sure

and the staff is very pretty
she has perfect beatiful skin. she looks like 16 years old.

i had great memory of this hotel with perfect skin staff of hotel

i will miss butterfly on wellington with 16 yrs skin.

Room Tip: "all rooms are good." "the bed was very romantic" " ALL GOOD. PERFECT...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the superb review, and we are delighted to hear you had such a wonderful experience at Butterfly on Wellington. It’s so lovely that our friendly guest services team impressed you. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
YEPPOON QUEENSLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently stayed at BoW with 3 other ladies, sharing 2 twin rooms. The rooms were a good size and very comfortable and had lots of hanging and storage space. The bathroom was a good size, with great water pressure and hot water. The staff were friendly and helpful - particularly when they found ice packs for me at midnight, after I had stumbled and hurt my ankle. Lots of cafes and bars within walking distance, and fruit vendors in the markets just outside had lovely fresh fruit salad for $10HKD, which I bought at night for next day breakfast. Very close of the mid-levels escalators, and therefore an easy walk down to central and the piers. Free in room wifi was always accessible and fast enough for our purposes. Would definitely recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your intimate details of your stay with us and our fellow TripAdvisor followers. We pride ourselves on providing our guests personalized, gracious and warm service delivery and we are so pleased that our entire team went out of their way to contribute to a perfect experience. We certainly welcome you back to Butterfly, each and every time you are in Hong Kong, and look forward to the next opportunity to be of service.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The staff is super nice. I found the internet to be very fast un my room (6th floor) and the lobby. Very centrally located so super comvenient for meetings, restaurants, and shopping. Rooms very clean and nicely decorated.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this extremely kind review. It is a real pleasure for us to read that you enjoyed your butterfly experience, as well as the conveniently location and the guest services of our team. We hope to welcome you again next time you come to Hong Kong soon.

Been to Butterfly on Wellington? Share your experiences!