“Complete waste of money. Absolutely terrible. Worst hotel experience ever.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hullett House

You added Hullett House to your Saves list
Hullett House
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1881 Heritage, 2A Canton Road,Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Ranked #70 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Complete waste of money. Absolutely terrible. Worst hotel experience ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

All suite marketing is false as they are large rooms, not suites. management is completely confused an the service is terrible. refused to recognize my leaders club card and give me the amenities. Rude staff. should not be a leading hotel under any circumstances. no 24 hr room service. things don't work. internet painfully slow internet. Rubbish hotel at exorbitant prices.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

The rooms are totally amazing. The staff is lovely but young and not yet polished. This property is so unusual that it could be a very elegant hideaway in the bustle of Hong Kong but it falls a bit short in delivering the quality of experience that you would expect to get when paying the kind of money you are for this hotel. My flight arrived pretty much on time but my driver was not there to greet me. I had to make a call to the hotel to get the driver to come to the arrivals hall. From there it was smooth sailing. Check in was interesting....the lobby is small and tucked away on the first floor but the bellman (boy) met me at the entrance and escorted me upstairs - I would never have found it on my own. The hotel was very empty. Only 2 rooms were occupied. VERY quiet. I was upgraded to the Lido Suite....absolutely breathtaking room and bath. Huge tv screen. All kinds of options for electronics such as ipod, dvd, cds but impossible to figure out. I tried to get my things to work but no luck. If I had called down someone would have been up in shot to help but I did not. I had other things to do. I think the person who brought me to the room should have showed me a little more about the amenities. She was young and although extremely pleasant - inexperienced. I had a package that included a restaurant credit and American breakfast. The food was amazing!! I had dim sum lunch with my friends on the first day and on the second day by myself. It was delicious and the credit was very substantial. Breakfast was delivered promptly to my room and it was hot and delicious! Attention to every detail on the cart.

The room itself had 3 balconies - one of which was usable. The other 2 were unfurnished. The bed and bedding were divine. Towels and amenities were excellent - of VERY high quality. The bathtub (with feet) was purely decadent, however the faucet sprayed all over when turned on......a little disappointing but I "McGyvered" it and got it filled. The rainshower was fab!!

This is a lovely property, most unusual and situated perfectly with a view of the Harbour (you can peek through the Star Ferry building and see the water a bit). With time and attention to training and marketing - it may develop into a very unique hotel but it surely lacks the finishing touches to make this property worth the $$$$$ you pay now.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Rome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Do you know the feeling of waking up in a hotel room and not remembering “where” you are?
Do you also hate the generic look of hotels that leave you wondering “why” you bother travelling at all, for the rooms all look and feel the same? – I most certainly do!
Last time I came to Hong Kong, we wanted something “different”, so we stayed at the "Hullett House" boutique hotel.
It’s an exclusive boutique hotel located inside the former Marine Police headquarters, cleverly restored without sacrificing any of its former glory I suspect. We were particularly charmed by the pigeon holes in the court yard, which used to house carrier pigeons. (The manager explained all this to us while he gave us the "grand tour" of this amazing building. There's so much history; I never knew this about Hong Kong...) Best of all, you’re right in the heart of this vibrant city. And while being touched by the ancient history, you remain thankfully untouched by the noise and madness that is Tsimshatsui.
The hotel has a selection of spacious suites, each of which are completely different, representing a different period in Hong Kong's history. We chose the suite called “Shek O”. The splendid and somewhat sinfully decadent decor, paired with the superb service really brought back the magic of travel that we've been missing for so long.
The suite we had gave us a stunning view of the Hong Kong skyline from your own private balcony (already this feature made our stay worthwhile). Their staff was utterly charming and the manager really went out of his way to help us book the perfect table for a special occasion at one of their lovely restaurants, the “St. George” (an excellent choice, by the way!).
I can honestly recommend this hotel; it made our last stay in Hong Kong just this much more special.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I used to live in HK and went back for a trip to see friends with my husband. We'd stayed in most of the other hotels on the island at some point so decided to treat ourselves to a stay at the new Hullett House. We stayed for 6 nights and swapped rooms halfway through for a change. All the rooms are decorated differently and all have balconies with views of HK island. The rooms are really luxurious and the beds super comfy..so much so I overslept and almost missed breakfast twice - luckily breakfast runs till 11.30....
The hotel is amazingly well decorated and the staff are fabulous. The breakfast is probably the best scrambled eggs I have ever had... We invited some friends to have Sunday brunch with us there and they loved it too. The brunch is with free flow champagne and the choice of foods is actually too much. I had trouble saving space for the desserts..... esp as there was a really good cheese board. If you are in Hong Kong get a room at this place - even for just one night. Its a great location to the Star Ferry and Aqua restaurant which is one of my fave places too !!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hullett House? Share your experiences!