“Good location and good food.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BLT Steak (Bistro Laurent Tourondel)

BLT Steak (Bistro Laurent Tourondel)
shop G62 ocean terminal ground floor, Hong Kong 2730 3508, China
+852 2730 3508
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #751 of 4,792 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: BLT Steak opened in New York City in 2004 as a revolutionary modern American Steakhouse by celebrity chef, Laurent Tourondel and is now in Hong Kong. An extensive range of the best prime steaks available from US and Australia are complemented by an array of custom designed entrees, appetizers, salads, poultry, fish and shellfish, all with classic vegetable side dishes. Desserts of American classics and French specialties are a feature. BLT Steak offers endless beverage options as well, including a creative selection of wines, many available by the glass. All day dining from 11.00Am to 11.00 Pm, later on weekends and public holidays. Weekend Brunch Buffet Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays. Perfect for weddings, parties and private events.
Denver, Colorado
“Good location and good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We live in Hong Kong and have eaten at BLT several times. If the weather is nice and it isn't too hot and humid, we like to eat outside on the deck. (It's a great place to watch the nightly light show at 8pm)

The food is good and the complimentary popovers are delicious! I can highly recommend the Cobb or Spinach salads, they are excellent, but make sure you share them with someone as they are very large. Since the portions are so large, my husband and I typically will share a salad, the US rib-eye steak (very juicy and cooked to perfection) and then two side dishes, the mac and cheese is very nice and also the creamed spinach. (We've tried most of them and they are all good.)

As with all restaurants in Hong Kong, (and everywhere for that matter) the service is hit and miss, it simply depends on who is assigned to your table. The server we had last night was very knowledgeable, efficient and friendly.

Overall the food is always good, although a little on the expensive side, but the location is worth the extra money you pay.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Super succulent steak!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Served by a mature Chinese gentleman who was polite and attentive all evening. Yes the delicious steak is expensive, but it is wonderful. Watch the portion sizes of the starters they are on large side, together with the complimentary popovers (think HUGE Yorkshire puddings) as you want to ensure you finish your steak.
it is interesting that other folks did not have such a good experience it, maybe it is down to your server on the day, but I would go back. That steak, and it wasn't the most expensive on the menu, was fab!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“We had a great lunch experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were engrossed looking at the Queen liner moored up, realising we were hungry bunnys we stumbled on this place. The window overlooks the harbour and they have a superb buffet. We had two cocktails with our meal and really enjoyed being there. Nice staff as I remember.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tokyo
“Dont' go there!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I returned to Hk after 2 years and I went to the Ocean terminal to have a steak at Dan Ryan's, which, with my disappointment, had closed. So I've found out this two restaurants, one for burgers and this, more "classic". I opted for the latter also due to the line in front of the other. Service is pretty confused, I had to ask three times for the french fries after I got my steak served. The food quality is just average but the cost is absolutely not! Meat quality was just average, nothing to remember, rightly cooked but far from justifying the strong sesantion to be ripped off and paid an overcharged dinner.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Pass unless service improves....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We did not even dine at the restaurant due to the surly hostess. We showed up a few minutes early for our reservation to find an empty restaurant although a few of the outside tables were occupied. After some confusion, they found our reservation and proceeded to lead us to a table adjacent to the kitchen and a disheveled service area. I told the hostess that this was unacceptable and requested another table - politely I might add. She rolled her eyes and walked back to the podium. Upon returning she said that was the best she could do. When I stated that the restaurant was empty she simply shrugged her shoulders and said "do you want the table or not?" I replied we did not and walked out. Note I have had excellent experiences at BLT Steak and BLT Market in New York. Clearly service is the issue in Hong Kong. There are several excellent steak houses in HK so I suggest giving BLT Steak a pass until they get this sorted.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere