Arriving here is a bit unnerving, especially during the present major building work on the new MTR line outside. However, the grim exterior surroundings betray a deceptively stylish establishment.
Unfortunately, the architectural term 'form over function' applies to this hotel, as the chic, stylish surroundings mask the lack of practical items (eg heater; drawers and storage). Certainly the staff brought a heater and bathrobes when asked (the second time), which made the chilly room more pleasant (and this from a Scotsman!).
I have to disagree on the review criticizing the cleanliness; I found the rooms exceptionally clean and the bed very comfortable. The shuttle into Central station was efficient and, with easy access to Aberdeen harbour, the location is ideal for the tourist.
I have stayed here a couple of times, and given the value for money this hotel represents in comparison to the expensive central ones, have no doubt I will return.
- Also Known As:
- l`Hotel Island South Hotel
- l`Hotel Island South Hotel Hong Kong
- L'Hotel Island South Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely located in the southern district of Hong Kong Island, the contemporary L’hotel Island South is the development of the Chinachem Group. This 37-storey hotel offers 432 spacious and design-led guestrooms and suites that are redefining conventional notions of comfort and style. As a convenience for today's global travelers, L'hotel Island South provides complimentary Wi-Fi internet connection and an array of other advanced technologies, plus superb meeting and banquet venues, a gymnasium and an outdoor pool that offer green vistas, and comprehensive business support. Complementing all of these is an eco-friendly attitude as well as a smart casual service style from our friendly and highly dynamic hotel crew. Whether for business or leisure, guests also enjoy quick and easy access to the territory's prime business, shopping, dining and entertainment hubs as well as a host of nice beaches, nature parks, plus heritage and cultural trails along the southern end of Hong Kong Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your L'hotel Island South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.