We're really happy with our stay here. The double beds are much smaller than western double beds, but still comfortable. You're away from the main touristy areas of HK island, but we loved exploring the local markets which were not touristy (it seemed geared more for the local market, so unlike Stanley market/Ladies market, there was a lot of variety and different things to look at). A taxi ride to Central HK is about $AUD10, so reasonable and easy for day trips. The only shame is that there is not much going on at street level immediately around the accommodation (you need to get a bus/taxi to shops/attractions). This may change in coming years as there is a lot of development happening nearby...?
The pool would be fabulous in warm weather for the whole family, but it was a bit too cold to use it during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely located in the southern district of Hong Kong Island, the contemporary L’hotel Island South is the development of the Chinachem Group. This 37-storey hotel offers 432 spacious and design-led guestrooms and suites that are redefining conventional notions of comfort and style. As a convenience for today's global travelers, L'hotel Island South provides complimentary Wi-Fi internet connection and an array of other advanced technologies, plus superb meeting and banquet venues, a gymnasium and an outdoor pool that offer green vistas, and comprehensive business support. Complementing all of these is an eco-friendly attitude as well as a smart casual service style from our friendly and highly dynamic hotel crew. Whether for business or leisure, guests also enjoy quick and easy access to the territory's prime business, shopping, dining and entertainment hubs as well as a host of nice beaches, nature parks, plus heritage and cultural trails along the southern end of Hong Kong Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your L'hotel Island South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Hotel Island South Hotel Hong Kong
- L'Hotel Island South Hong Kong