We booked this hotel based on the reasonable rates and proximity to Ocean Park (billed as a 10-15 min walk from the hotel). When we arrived we realized that the route to Ocean Park is almost impossible with children as it involves crossing freeways, flyovers and lots of construction sites. in addition, there is absolutely nothing outside the hotel vicinity, it is basically on a high traffic freeway.
Thankfully they do provide shuttle buses but only one per hour. I witnessed a few guests being turned away as the bus was full...and presumably they had to wait for the next one.
Rooms are nicely done although a bit musty. Lots of long term residents staying next to us as evidenced by their drying racks and electrical appliances.
Overall, I though the hotel was well priced but more suited for travelers without children. Checking in took over an hour (3pm arrival but room not ready till 4) and my toddler was extremely fidgety as a result. Swimming pool closed till April (we didn't know this till we tried going that afternoon).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely located in the southern district of Hong Kong Island, the contemporary L’hotel Island South is the development of the Chinachem Group. This 37-storey hotel offers 432 spacious and design-led guestrooms and suites that are redefining conventional notions of comfort and style. As a convenience for today's global travelers, L'hotel Island South provides complimentary Wi-Fi internet connection and an array of other advanced technologies, plus superb meeting and banquet venues, a gymnasium and an outdoor pool that offer green vistas, and comprehensive business support. Complementing all of these is an eco-friendly attitude as well as a smart casual service style from our friendly and highly dynamic hotel crew. Whether for business or leisure, guests also enjoy quick and easy access to the territory's prime business, shopping, dining and entertainment hubs as well as a host of nice beaches, nature parks, plus heritage and cultural trails along the southern end of Hong Kong Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your L'hotel Island South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Hotel Island South Hotel Hong Kong
- L'Hotel Island South Hong Kong