I am a Macau resident and I booked this hotel after a friend’s recommendation to benefit from the Ocean Park promotion for Hong Kong and Macau residents, so it was a very good price for one night stay and two days entry tickets for 2 adults and 2 kids.
The hotel is close to Ocean Park and they have a shuttle bus service to go to Ocean Park, or you can take a taxi for only HK20.
It is not near if you plan to go to Hong Kong for sightseeing or shopping, but you can take their shuttle bus or the city bus; stations are just outside the side entrance and there are a lot of buses to Central, Tsim Sha Tsui, Admiralty or Stanley.
I saw MTR construction nearby, so in the future this hotel will be much easier to reach.
We took the bus 37 at Macau Ferry Terminal to go to this hotel and asked the driver where we should get off.
Check in time is quite late; only at 16h and check out is at 12h. They did keep our bags and gave us the tickets so we could go to Ocean Park. I asked to keep my son medicine in refrigerator, and they did.
We had a room with a nice view to a mountain. It is larger than average in Hong Kong, and it had two large beds (queen size). It has free wifi (they give you the password when you check in).
Toilet is also big, and has a big glass to the room, so you can use the natural light. It has blinds that you can close for privacy.
The hotel has a pool but we didn’t try it. We also didn’t try the breakfast or the restaurant.
There are tour groups coming to this hotel and they are very noisy, early in the morning or late in the evening or at any other time, slamming the doors and shouting or talking very loud.
My son had a strong headache and couldn’t rest in the room in the afternoon.
We had a problem with the air con. Even when turned off, the room temperature was at 19ºC. We complain and they send someone to repair it.
Last thing, I would recommend the hotel to have a cartoon channel for kids, like Disney or Nickelodeon as I saw a few families with kids there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely located in the southern district of Hong Kong Island, the contemporary L’hotel Island South is the development of the Chinachem Group. This 37-storey hotel offers 432 spacious and design-led guestrooms and suites that are redefining conventional notions of comfort and style. As a convenience for today's global travelers, L'hotel Island South provides complimentary Wi-Fi internet connection and an array of other advanced technologies, plus superb meeting and banquet venues, a gymnasium and an outdoor pool that offer green vistas, and comprehensive business support. Complementing all of these is an eco-friendly attitude as well as a smart casual service style from our friendly and highly dynamic hotel crew. Whether for business or leisure, guests also enjoy quick and easy access to the territory's prime business, shopping, dining and entertainment hubs as well as a host of nice beaches, nature parks, plus heritage and cultural trails along the southern end of Hong Kong Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, Ctrip DaoDao, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your L'hotel Island South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Hotel Island South Hotel Hong Kong
- L'Hotel Island South Hong Kong