“Suitable Business Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of iclub Wan Chai Hotel

Save Saved
You added iclub Wan Chai Hotel to your Saves list
iclub Wan Chai Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.211 Johnston Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, China (Wan Chai)   |
Special Rate
Breakfast Room Package
Ranked #169 of 613 hotels in Hong Kong
Jakarta
“Suitable Business Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is a suitable business hotel in downtown Wanchai and I would probably stay again. Rooms are small but you can see the size when you book on their website - I chose a larger room, which was fine.

This is not the sort of hotel where there is someone on hand for every need - there is no concierge - there are no bars or restaurants - but it is a suitable serviced room in the middle of the city in which you can sleep comfortably.

One big disappointment on my recent trip is that the DND sign was ignored. Note to management "Do NOT Disturb" means DO NOT DISTURB. I left my DND sign up as I did not need fresh towels or linen and I left several valuable items in the room as they needed charging - laptop, iPad, phones etc. as well as my business papers around the room. When I returned to the room the DND sign was gone - the room had been cleaned and whilst all my valuable were intact I prefer my instructions to be followed.

Otherwise a suitable hotel at a decent price.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
vicenza
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I use to be in Hong Kong very often, but I like to change Hotel everytime to get an idea on the quality and services offered.. This hotel has a small lobby with only two people taking care of check in and other services, but rooms are confortable and clean with a great shower and housekeeping is gentle.
The location is very convenient to the MTR station (two min. walking distance) and to the exibition center (10 minutes). It is close to the area of pubs and the night life and the most important thing, it is safe. Only breakfast is really poor: few choice of food and self service. I had to clean the table myself and only one person is replacing what's missing. Now the juice and then the cake or viceversa, sometime no coffee, sometimes machine out of service..... no.... much to improve. I probably will be back to this hotel, but just for sleeping. Breakfast will take outside.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed two nights and I had got a good price, so I am super happy with my stay: good location, very quiet rooms, huge bathrooms with great shower, clean...but not immaculate either.
But breakfast can be disappointing. In my case, it was not a problem of choice: yogurts, cereals, coffee, tea, juice, different kind of cakes and breads, croissants, boiled eggs...I don't need more.
The problem is that the breakfast lounge is a self service place where customers are supposed to put their trash away themselves....which most of them don't do...and it ends being just really dirty, with nowhere to sit...

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here 4 nights in February. First time I stayed on the island. This is close to the party area while still far enough away if you don't want to be part of it.
The room is smaller but works out great.
My room did not face the water but, I do not spend my holidays in my room.
Bathroom / shower was separated with total glass surround / glass doors. The glass had curtains covering areas, but definitely made the room seem bigger.
Free basic breakfast / coffee etc.
Worth the bucks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Totally happy with our stay there. We travelled three (couple + 1 more person), so booked two standard rooms. Upon check in we were offered free upgrade to 2 roomed suite, which was very nice. Extremely clean and new, very good and convenient design of room. Breakfast was average however. Location is OK if you can walk :) It is a bit off from MTR, but not far. Causeway bay area is walkable too, so convenient for shopping. Getting cheap local food might be a bit hard in that area, but there is supermarket & fast-food just across the street.

Room Tip: I haven't seen basic rooms, since we were upgraded to suite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Montclair, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here March 2013 on business for 7 nights. I booked on Expedia.com and paid on average $200 per night.

It was ok in that it provided basic amenities but knowing the location and comparison to other hotels I wouldn't stay there again.

My main issues:
Where is it - a lot of people comment on this and I took their advice but nothing prepares you for arrival after a long flight in a new country. The 2 x taxi drivers had no idea, in the end to get rid of me the second pulled up outside a hotel and told me to go inside. When the concierge told me my hotel was a 20 min walk down the street the taxi was gone. VERY hard to find.

Noise - not from outside but inside, the door had big gaps around it and I heard the lift bell, other people coming and going and TVs going all night. I complained but it did no good.

Cleanliness - Although my room was cleaned, towels changed and bed made every day, the sheet were not changed at all, I noticed some stains on my bedding and they were there every day.

Included Breakfast - Of sorts, there are no food, restaurant of bar facilities at this hotel, it's more like a room in a block. I didn't see the gym but breakfast included a coffee vending machine and cereal or bread.

While it was safe and secure, I wasn't happy and would not go back.

Room Tip: Check out other hotels first.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Decent hotel with limited number of rooms 2 minutes from Wan Chai, 15 minute walk to Central. Rooms are fairly small but clean and comfortable. Good bathroom plus kitchenette - tea, coffee, fridge and microwave. Didn't try any facilities except 5th floor lounge - which was disappointing -just coffee and tea really and breakfast was poor - croissant and toast all with throwaway cutlery, cups and plates. Best bit is certainly location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to iclub Wan Chai Hotel? Share your experiences!