We stayed at this hotel for three nights. There is one story about the extremely low level of service, another one of the non-existing ability to deal with the problems.
First, let me say we are travelling a lot and have stayed in hundreds of hotels both in our jobs, and on holidays. So we are used to rooms not being impeccably clean and different service levels. But most of the time, there is a relation between how much you pay and what you get. Here, we paid a lot and got almost nothing.
For 11000 HK-dollars we had a suite with two bedrooms, since we had our 19-year-old daughter with us and wanted her a room on her own. The suite was not very much more than two ordinary hotel rooms with a little room outside with a sofa and a little kitchen. The rooms suited our needs and not very much to say about them. Very hard beds though, but not very much to complain about.
It is the service level that is a disaster. Some examples:
1. a used sanitary bag was never replaced during three days
2. the bathroom door did not close - and when the workers had fixed it they left all the sawdust behind and a drill in the shower (but on the positive side - the housekeeping put up a bottle of wine and some fruits to compensate for the inconvenience - more about this later)
3. the drinking water was not replaced
4. when we wanted to share the bottle of wine there was no wine opener - when we called the reception and they told us they would send one up we waited for two hours (then they called us to say there was no one to be found)
5. the breakfast area was tiny and no room to sit.
6. there was no breakfast served at 6.30 as stated - we had to leave at 7 so when the really slow guy there had taken out the bread we really had to hurry. The eggs that is normally provided at their breakfast were not even finished by 7 though.
Then there is the inability to deal with the problems. Since we do not consider it fair to complain about things afterwards when it is too late, we were very careful to give the staff a chance to improve. But there seemed to be no feed-back at all. When they called us Sunday night (after the two hours waiting of a wine opener, in hope for a nice sharing-a-bottle-of-wine-moment) to tell us they could not get an opener it felt like a big joke. If we had run a one-star hotel, we would have gone out and bought one if we wanted our guests to be happy!
Directly after this incident we told the reception staff again that we expected some reaction to our complaint and a way to deal with it, but no signs of any compensation were made.
We were also very careful to give feed-back to the management in the form they leave at hotel rooms. An answer came today with regrets about our experience and promises to make next time a better experience for us. That is a good thought but since we will not go back to Hongkong it is of no value.
So I answered, and the answer I got was: "The service standard of some of the staff may not be up to your satisfactions during your stay. Nevertheless, you did stay three nights in the hotel and you had to pay for it, this is business."
- Also Known As:
- Regal iClub Hotel Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Regal iClub Hotel is a contemporary select-service hotel centrally located amidst Hong Kong’s famed Wan Chai District, a prime centre for business and entertainment. The hotel is the first carbon neutral hotel in Hong Kong providing a smoke-free environment with 99 chic and trendy guestrooms and suites, offering style and comfort to discerning tech-savvy business travelers. As our valued guests, you can also enjoy privileges such as free internet access and complimentary grab & go light breakfast. Welcome to our smoke-free iclub Hotel in Hong Kong! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Regal iClub Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.