“very good!!! will definitely come back!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of A-Inn

Save Saved
You added A-Inn to your Saves list
A-Inn
Room 809 & 1304, 8/F, Sincere House 83 Argyle St. Mong Kok 83 Argyle St, Mong Kok, Hong Kong, China (Mong Kok)   |
Ranked #30 of 611 hotels in Hong Kong
Pasig, Philippines
“very good!!! will definitely come back!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

i stayed at a-inn for three nights in november 2012. i booked a double room at hostelworld.com. i was very satisfied with my stay in a-inn and would stay there again. overall, it is a very good hostel and i definitely recommend it.

cleanliness - i had a very clean room and bath. everytime i go back after being gone for the whole day, my bed and beddings are fixed, floor cleaned as well and the bathroom.

location
- it is in sincere house, very near the ladies market. the nearest mtr exit is a short walk of less than five minutes, which was just fine by me. besides you walk eveywhere in hong kong. there are convenience stores, shops, street food, restaurants within the area. langham place is quite near too. i was even able to roam around very late at night. my only beef with the building is that there is no up button on the elevator so there were times when i had to go down to the ground floor to get up to the reception.

room
- the reception is on the 14th floor while my room is in the 12th floor. i wanted some extra space so i got myself a double room. my room had a window but it opened to an air shaft. no view to speak of but ar least i had a window so i didnt feel like i was in a box. the bathroom was small but that was something i expected. they provided a shower gel, shampoo and an electric kettle. the bed was firm and comfortable. i was given good pillows and a comforter as well so i slept very soundly. airconditioning was working well too. there wasnt a cabinet but the room had a full length mirror and a worktable that had a drawer.

service
- corresponding with them thru email wax a breeze. they even called me to confirm my stay on the day of my original arrival. i missed my flight and had to rebook it for the following day. i asked them to hold the room for me but i still had to pay the first night (i was originally booked for four nights). i thought that was better than having my reservation cancelled and arriving roomless in hong kong. it was very easy to deal and talk with the people there. i was also able to leave my luggage at the reception areafor some last minute shopping and exploring before my flight home.

value
- very good value for budget travellers. i highly recommend a-inn. for the room that i got, the location, i would say i made the right choice by staying here.

• Stayed November 2012

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I think it was this one I stayed at. The Dragon hostel, A-Inn and Ah Shan all seem to be owned by the same people.

The dorm was just 3 beds and plenty spacious enough. Plenty of plugs. Bathroom ok. Towels provided were nice and big. Hot water available and location fantastic - right by the Ladies Market and easy to get to from the airport.

Staff were really nice too - helpful and gave suggestions saving us money as well!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed for one night. Great location and the area will have everything you’ll need. This hostel has a fridge you can use and cold and hot water for your beverage needs.
Our room was small and clean and had no window :( Wi-Fi worked in the room, but was a bit slow.

We have previously stayed at another place in the Mirador Mansion Building in Tsim Sha Tsui, which was a much better place for us, because of the price, the large window and Wi-Fi speed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dumaguete City, Dumaguete, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Stayed there for 3 days and two nights. The place was crazy convinient since its in the heart of mongkok. It's close to three Seven-Eleven branches, branded shops, big malls and a money changer that has the highest rates in the area. In three words I can say that its decent, clean, and small. The front desk lady during the day speaks fairly good english, but the the front desk lady during the night only speaks (understandable) fragmented english. If you're good in charades and sign language you'll be fine talking to her. I arrived there in the wee hours of the morning (3am-ish), I was a bit apprehensive not to find the place since other feedbacks I read told me so but I this wasn't the case. As long as you have a good eye and a good map (and map reading skills), you can easily locate the entrace and the small 'Sincere House' sign engraved in silver letters. The 24-hour entrance which I usually use is across Seven-Eleven and outside the entrance is a taxi waiting area. You'll never get lost with these directions.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I stayed in another hostel in the same building before so it wasn't hard to locate. TThe entrance is just beside a food stall that sells smelly tofu and all sorts of HK snacks. I like it that the room area that I stayed in had an extra door that required a key to enter. That gives me assurance and security that my room is really safe!

For the price I paid and having 3 individual beds, I am a happy customer :)
Oh yes, the hostel is really smack in the heart of Mongkok shopping district!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

This place is hard to find. We took the Airport Shuttle Bus No. A21 and got off at Mong Kok , but after that we were totally lost, just walking up and down Argyle Street but can’t find the hotel, the entrance was not on the main road, and there's no building number for us to identify the buildings, by the time we found the place we were extremely exhausted. To save time for other travelers, here's my opinion, take the MTR to Mongkok station, exit at D2, walk straight, you will see a 7-11 across the street, you have to turn left before the 7-11, its just on your left immediately after the left turn. The whole journey should take less than 3 minutes from the D2 exit to the entrance of A Inn. Reception is on the 14th floor even though the rooms are on the 8th. Our room is just basic, and very small, but clean. There's also a small flat screen tv mounted on the wall, wifi is free. They only accept cash, so make sure you have sufficient "Cash" for your stay. Although the location is hard to find, once you found it, you can’t compliant about the location, it’s really good, short distance from MTR and with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights. The place was a little hard to find(look for the doorways at eithier side of the building) Reception is on the 14th floor (go there first) but we had a room on the 8th. The room was basic but very clean with fresh bed linen and towels. Also had a flat screen tv mounted on the wall, wifi was free and worked very well from our room.
The location is great, not far from the MTR and restraunts and shops.
The building itself is crazy, dodgy looking but weve had no trouble and it was really quiet. Queueing for the lifts gets annoying at times.
Would definatly recommened for people on low budgets like myself

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to A-Inn? Share your experiences!