“Nice hotel but too Expencive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of East Hong Kong

You added East Hong Kong to your Saves list
East Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.29 Taikoo Shing Road, Island East, Hong Kong, China (Quarry Bay)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Last Minutes Offer
Ranked #32 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice hotel but too Expencive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. The location is quite good and the Skybar is amazing. However you can visit the Skybar even though you stay in another hotel. The rooms are nice, but the price is too high compared to the location and room size. Be aware that breakfast is Not included, and costs 250HK$ extra per night!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

With my HK office at One Island East, our company hotel is East Hotel and this was my first time staying there. My colleagues told me that it's ultra-modern but I have to admit that it still took me by surprise when I got out of the cab to a sleek slate grey driveway and greeted by the bellman who was spiffily dressed in linen, khakis and Converse sneakers! Friendly but professional, he led the way to the check in counter where I was expected and they checked me in within 5 minutes.

A new-age hotel with all the technological trimmings, the room key was merely a tap for the lift floor, to open the room door etc. I got room 801 which was a corner room and would've boasted an incredible view as both 'walls' at the corner was completely glass. The reason I say it would've been an incredible view is because the area is predominantly residential so both corners looked out into neighbouring flats but I'm not complaining. Next time, I'll ask if they have the other corner which I'm told is seaview or at least a high floor above the residential flats.

The room was as modern as the common areas with incredible space efficiency so that I didn't feel like it was a small room although it was compact in size. Furnishings and fittings were very zen and yet warm. Was impressed that they offer Elemis as the hotel toiletry brand.

With free wifi in the room and hotel, this is a perfect business accommodation.

I also used the gym in the mornings and needless to say, they also have the most up to date equipment. Friendly staff offer a towel and bottle of water when guests walk in.

Feast restaurant is very good - I had my daily breakfast there (buffet with a choice of hot dishes you can order from the staff). The bottled fresh juices are a must-try especially the mixed berry one. I also had a quick dinner one evening and the chicken rice is a recommendation although I noticed most other diners had the buffet which looked very good too.

The hotel has a direct access to the mall next door - Cityplaza which has a myriad of shops including a supermarket, cinema, pharmacies and lots of eating places. It also sits on top of the Tai Koo MTR station which is super convenient.

Highly recommended if you like the Tai Koo area or if you, like me, want to be a 2-min convenient walk away from the office. If you need a cab, the boys at the driveway desk will call you one in less than 3 mins.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JenniferCheung, General Manager at East Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope we will continue to be your prefer choice of accommodation whenever you are in Hong Kong. I will share your comments with my team and they will appreciate it as much as I do.

Did you have time to visit Sugar (bar.deck.lounge) on 32/fl? If not, please do so on your next visit and I'm sure you will enjoy the vibre, the view and our signature cocktails there!

Thank you again and if there is anything we could make your next visit more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Have a wonderful day!

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

stayed couple of times for business & leisure. Staff very helpful, smart & friendly. Room is modern with very smart, modern & unconventional layout. Like the walk-in shower very much.

High floor gives much better view.

metro & nice shopping mall next door. Located in the Island East business district.

Good restaurant at 1/F. The business lunch during weekdays are very good at great price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
JenniferCheung, General Manager at East Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us your positive review which will be shared with the team. I'm sure they will appreciate as much as I do.

Apart from the business lunch set which we change the main course choices every week, we are also in the middle of reviewing our a la carte menu. Please let us know your comments too next time when you dine at Feast (Food by EAST).

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. If there is anything we could do to make your next stay more comfortable, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

What a great hotel, we were upgraded to a corner suite - amazing waking up to the harbour views! Having a shower overlooking the harbour is quite a luxury. The staff were very attentive. After having celebrations for my birthday at the upstairs bar, I returned to find beautiful happy birthday cakes to share with my partner!
Thank you for the excellent service - we will definately be back again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JenniferCheung, General Manager at East Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are very glad that you choose EAST, Hong Kong as your choice of accommodation for your birthday. At the same time, we are grateful that you took the time to share your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Please contact me directly if we can make your next stay with us more enjoyable.

Thank you again and wishing you a wonderful day!

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week and what a change it made from the standard corporate hotel chain. Decent-sized rooms, friendly service, all mod cons = very happy & would def stay again.
Also v near MTR if you need, as well as being linked to the shopping mall which is open until 10pm.
Breakfast and dinner menu both good with health western and Asian choices and a decent wine list.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Steve and Amy

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Hong Kong. We're extremely grateful that you took the time to share this wonderful feedback. I appreciate it and I know the team will as well when I share it with them.

We look forward to seeing you again at EAST, Hong Kong. If we can make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We are also in the middle of changing our menus and perhaps you can let us know your comments too.

Wishing both of you a wonderful day!

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I can't say enough about how amazing our time was at EAST Hong Kong. Upon entering the lobby you realise that it is a modern, efficient and well-serviced place. Our check-in was prompt, and EVERY staff member was all smiles during our 4 days in HK. Anything we needed to know, or wanted recommedations for , we were promptly told with a smile. The rooms are ultra-modern and are perfect for either couples, or business travellers. The Rain shower was amazing, and the layout of the rooms was unique and cool at the same time. There is a swimming pool, gym and spa in the hotel, as well as a great lounge (SUGAR Lounge) which is great for cocktails within your own building.
EAST is connected to a very nice Mall, which has a superb foodcourt ("Food Republic" - any Asian dish you can name) as well as a Pizza Hut and Starbucks. You have all the stores you can name and a skating rink as well. EAST is also next door to the MTR/Metro, (TAI KOO STATION) and is a very quick 10 minutes to Central for all the hustle and bustle Hong Kong has to offer (my new favorite city ...sorry NY :) ! ). I would recommend East Hong Kong in a heartbeat to anyone who doesn't want to pay a small-fortune for accomodations in Central, and wants to still enjoy an opulent setting and great amenities that are a convenient trek away. Way to Go EAST !!

Room Tip: We asked for a high room, they ALL have the same view as all the rooms are adjacent facing one way.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time out to share your review.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at EAST, Hong Kong along with its location and the mall next door.

I appreciate your positive comments and I know my team will as well when I share it with them.

We look forward to seeing you again next time when you are in town, and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Wishing you a wonderful day!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for part of our honeymoon. Couldn't have picked a better hotel! We really appretiated the room upgrade. We highly recommend the rooms with harbour view - we were near the top floor and the views were magnificent. Large glass pannel windows across two sides of the room gives you almost a 180 degree view! The staff were very polite and helpful. Room are clean and comfortable, and has all that you need. Very convenient location too, so close to an MTR station. Will not hesitate in staying here again when we have the pleasure of coming back to HK!

• Stayed April 2013
JenniferCheung, Manager at East Hong Kong, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your choosing EAST, Hong Kong to celebrate your honeymoon. We are extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to write us such a wonderful review. I appreciate it a lot and I know the team would as well when I share the comments with them.

We look forward to seeing you again next time when you are in HK, and if I can do anything to make your next visit more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you again and we wish you a wonderful day.

Hotel Manager

Been to East Hong Kong? Share your experiences!