“Nice hotel - Great roof bar!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of East Hong Kong

Save Saved
You added East Hong Kong to your Saves list
East Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.29 Taikoo Shing Road, Island East, Hong Kong, China (Quarry Bay)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Last Minutes Offer
Ranked #34 of 581 hotels in Hong Kong
Dubai
“Nice hotel - Great roof bar!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

the rooms have a very modern feel to them and always feel hygenically clean. the bed is very comfortable, which i guess, is the most important thing. As for the bathroom, its kind of hard to describe it, but it kind of feels like the bathroom is on full view to the outside world - assuming you have the blinds open! Anyhow, this was my third time staying here, which highlights that any shortfalls are very minor.

one recomendation while there is to head to the roof top bar for the most staggering views of Hong Kong. it will take your breath away!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JenniferCheung, Manager at East Hong Kong, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continuous support, and we hope EAST will be your most preferred choice of hotel every time you are in Hong Kong.

We will soon be launching some new cocktails at Sugar and please don't miss it next time when you are here.

Look forward to seeing you at EAST or Sugar.

537 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Aarhus, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very nice hotel and actually one of the few that gives you a hotel room of a decent size at a decent price.
the breakfast is really nice and the staff there are extremely kind, helpful and service minded.

Internet connection is good, a great hotel for business travelers. next door you will find a supermarket, shopping mall, seven eleven, etc.

BUT - the shower in is bathroom is made that causes mold. The damp cannot get out and the water apparently also not.. So after a shower you can smell mold. It appears to be a problem in most of the rooms - but then again, mold is a general problem in HK, so it might not be easy to avoid.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review.

I really appreciate your comments in particular about the service our team members provided and I'm sure the team will as well when I share it with them.

I also thank you for your feedback in regards to the humidity in room, which I have to say it should not be happening. I have started a conversation with our Engineering team to see if we can make any improvement on this issue.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again at EAST, Hong Kong.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed for six days and nights at the East. Its described as a 'business hotel' but I'd stay there again if I was a tourist. It's modern and stylish. The rooms are quite small but very well laid out: wooden floors with carpet round the beds, fitted cupboards and recessed TV, walk-in shower and comfortable beds and well appointed work area. The food is truly outstanding and the service excellent. The Sugar bar on the top floor gives stunning views of the harbour. The gym was being refurbished when I stayed, so there was limited space and only a few machines. Overall, a wonderful experience and I'd definitely stay there again. The more expensive harbour view rooms at the top of the hotel have great views too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review.

We are very pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay with us. I appreciate your comments about the quality of food and the service our team provided to you. I'm sure the team will feel the same when I share your review with them.

I'm happy to let you know that our gym renovation will be completed beginning of April, and it will be doubling the current size with more machines available. At the same time, we do have boot-camp in the morning, and perhaps you could try it next time when you stay with us. Don't forget to give us your feedback too.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again at EAST, Hong Kong!

Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel for business purposes. The hotel is perfect since it is very close to my office. From the hotel, its only 20 minutes walking distance. Another good thing is that because its very close to shopping areas and subway train Stations. One of the thing that you need to know is that this hotel use transparant glass for the bath room. This is no problem if you are staying alone or with your wife. But if you are staying with a friend, it might cause some problem.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
JenniferCheung, Manager at East Hong Kong, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review.

We are very glad to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We would like to let you know that we do have some rooms where there is a film on the shower room door. In the event that you are sharing the room with others, we will be happy to assign those room for you. Please let our Guest Experience team member know when you check-in or inform our reservations team when you make your next booking with us.

We look forward to seeing you again at EAST, Hong Kong.

Have a wonderful day!

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just had the fortune to stay at East Hotel over the weekend.
We had a corner room facing the Victoria Harbour and the views were magnificent.

Been to Hong Kong plenty of times, and I cannot stress how beautiful the cityscape is at night.

As East Hotel is located on the eastern corridor of Hong Kong Island, what you see are the lights of the city across from Kowloon and the hilly backdrop in the day. The hotel is also situated right above Taikoo MTR station, so it's really very convenient to get to anywhere you wish. (10 minutes to Causeway Bay, 15 minutes to TST).

Room was comfortable and spacious. The only tiny grouse I had was... why there isn't a door to the shower?? We had to turn off the aircon before showering as it was really cold. But the amenities were great and everything else was comfortable enough.

For a business hotel, it was a tad overpriced, but i guess that's the price you have to pay for the view.

Room Tip: Request for rooms above 24 floors, any lower and your view of Victoria Harbour might be compromised.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your review.

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the Hotel as much as the harbour view. The room you stayed was a Harbour Corner room with a slightly bigger size than a regular Harbour View room. Should you prefer to have a door with your shower room, please let us know next time when you make reservation, and we will be happy to arrange it for you.

We look forward to seeing you again at EAST, Hong Kong.

Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights for biz recently and they gave me a corner room. It's probably the worst room in the property in terms of size and layout.

Size: much smaller than the already small normal room. The shower area has no door, so water will splash to everywhere. You either touch the wall for shower or half of you will miss the shower.

Anyway, complained to the reception and asked for a room change. They are nice enough to upgrade me to the normal harbour view room.

I give 4 stars for the service,the value for money on the normal rooms and facilities, locations with mall and tons of restaurants nearby.

However, STAY AWAY FROM THEIR CORNER ROOM.

I will recommend any biz traveller with the office/meeting in the east side of HK island. It is the best choice.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My company has its regional office in Quarry Bay and I am on occasion required to present myself there. This is the second time I have used East Hotel and I would say that both times were excellent.

Check in is quick and efficient.

The rooms I had both times were the "Urban View", but then most places in HK are Urban View to one extent or another. Nice clean fresh decor, cool white linen. Walk in rain shower very nice. Amenities nailed to the wall so you can't liberate them, but they are only just OK so no big deal.

Staff are good, friendly but polite, got the right balance.

Roof top bar is great if you can get a seat near the edge with a view of the harbour, pity about the rubbish music and DJ though. They also let him loose in the lifts so your journey up and down can be mildly irritating.

Breakfast rates a mention: buffet for fruit, pastries and that and a menu of hot dishes including a rather good Egg Benedict (apart from the roasted pepper between the ham and the muffin, why? why? why?) and a full English which is certainly a good choice.

The hotel is next door to a huge shopping mall, and the MTR station, plus there are loads of taxis around so the location is good for me (and my office is a five minute stagger away in the morning). There are plenty of eateries around within a five - ten walk and Wan Chai or Hollywood Rd are only twenty minutes in a taxi if you want more choice.

I will be in HK at least every other month on business and I do not see me staying anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to East Hong Kong? Share your experiences!