Location - Pacific Place in between Wan Chai and Central. Great location within an easy 20-25 minute walk to the bars and restaurants of Central and Lan Kwai Fong. Pacific Place has all the designer shops you can think of as well as a few smaller local outlets. Nearby Star, Moon and Sun Streets full of smaller local boutique shopping options and local cafes and bistro's.
Hotel - the upper floors of the JW Marriott building 40-49 floors - stunning views to both the harbour and the mountains. From entering the ground floor where you are met by the great staff and checked in on the iPad, to heading up the escalator and then being whisked up to your room the whole process was seamless and took no time at all. Being a small hotel (just over 100 rooms I believe) there are no big groups of queues and always someone around to help. Rooms are huge with good views and the bathrooms simply stunning. Partially free mini bar is a nice touch and the wine in the rooms not over priced (HKG$350) which is a refreshing change in this level of hotel, free decent coffee/tea, free M&Ms and biscuits etc etc.
Beds are huge and VERY comfortable with quality sheets and bedding. Free WiFi much appreciated. Room service (not cheap - but it never is) was very efficient and very quick - ordered on the in room iPod touch.
negatives - struggling to come up with anything! Maybe that they don't have a swimming pool, in room speakers could be better quality......but apart from that nothing at all.
Having stayed at many HK hotels, I would say the Upper House just pips the InterCon as my favourite. Looking forward to my next visit!
- Also Known As:
- The Upper House Hotel Hong Kong
- The Upper House Hotel
- The Upper House Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Upper House is a highly individualized small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu. The hotel’s 117 rooms (including 21 suites and 2 penthouses) start at 730sq ft – the largest in Hong Kong. They feature wonderfully spacious bathrooms and dressing areas, and offer either scenic harbour or island views. Calming and contemporary, the rooms are designed to provide a sense of relaxation, warmth and understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, EasyToBook, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Upper House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.