“brilliant long weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Upper House

Save Saved
You added The Upper House to your Saves list
The Upper House
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong, China (Admiralty)   |
Special Rate
FIVE Reasons To Stay
Ranked #1 of 611 hotels in Hong Kong
sydney
“brilliant long weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just had a blissful long weekend escape. Went to HK with some friends and we all took rooms at Upper House based on a recommendation. This hotel exceeded our expectations - check in was in-room as there is no formal 'reception' area. We stayed on the 48th floor - the full length windows provide a stunning view of the harbour and the city. Bathroom is very cool with amazing bath positioned to take in the city/harbour views. Bedrooms are oversized with heavenly beds/sheets. Fabulous location at Admiralty with shopping just across the road. The restaurant and bar on level 49 was fabulous- The Gray. Perfect for evening cocktails before heading out for dinner -excellent staff who care - and remember you. Also great spot for a night cap. In the morning the breakfast is similarly impressive. i would rate this alongside Mandarin Oriental in Barcelona as one of my favourite places to stay in the world at the moment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Joey

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

It is great to know that you had a brilliant weekend. Your compliments about the service provided by the team have been shared with team.

It is wonderful to know that you would rate us now one of your favorite places to stay; right next to a hotel which is part of a renowned famous hotel brand.

Unfortunate that I did not get to meet you personally during you stay with us. Please ensure to contact me personally if I may assist with any future reservation at “our house” or any other Swire Hotels.

828 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are amazing, the staff is a highly motivated group that go above and beyond.

The the personal check in service to the jar of M&M they keep in the room to the staff helping me get my camera fixed...they are amazing!

I've never stayed at a better hotel.

Matthew D Payne

• Stayed June 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I think that very possibly this could be the best hotel that I have ever stayed at in my entire life.

The room was amazing with great views over the harbour and watching the 8pm ICC light show from the luxury of the deep baths is something that I will remember for a long, long time.

The staff were very helpful too always ready with tips on what to do and see and how to get there. Their English was also very good as a rule so I tended to get them to tell the taxis where to go.

If I had been staying longer, I might have had a whinge about the small size of the gym but for two nights it really didn't matter to me.

If you are planning on staying there and are coming in from overseas, I do recommend writing down the hotel's address in advance to avoid confusion with the airport taxi drivers as they don't seem to know The Upper House.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here but I would strongly recommend paying more for a harbour view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

We appreciate that you took the time to share your comments with the rest of the tripadvisor.com community.

Thank you also for calling us “the best place to stay in Hong Kong”.

Apart from our own private gym which has been designed to cater to the size of our type of hotel, we additionally offer complimentary YOGA classes on our lawn as well as bikes to be used in the nearby parks and green areas of the upper levels of Admiralty.

I am sorry to learn that you were challenged to find the hotel. The level of English of some taxi drivers in Hong Kong is indeed not very good. Even the most basic addresses and the most famous of landmarks are not easily understood by them at times. The team is therefore handing out taxi card to our guests with our address in both English and Chinese.

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Room: Studio 70 (Harbour view)

Decor: Very Comfortable

Bed/ Sleeping quality: Very Comfortable!

Bathroom: The best! Having a bath while seeing Victoria Harbour is wowowowowowowow

View: Victoria Harbour

Location: City centre/ Admiralty, 5-min walk to MTR

Room Facilities: Speakers connect to the bathroom

Staff: Professional

Hotel Facilities: Fitness Centre is so small and its equipment is so basic...
There is only one restaurant, but you can find others at Pacific Place or other hotels...
No swimming pool, but I can swim in the bathtub while seeing the harbour!!!!!!!!!
Complimentary drinks are awesome
Unlike other hotels, the Upper House is quite a style

Room Tip: Select a room with seaviews Studio 70 is enough
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay; highlighting the things you like and things which you would like to see improved.

Dining options apart from Café Gray Deluxe are indeed abundant in Pacific Place. Apart from our own private gym we additionally offer complimentary YOGA classes on our lawn as well as bikes to be used in the nearby parks and green areas of the upper levels of Admiralty.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We got upgraded to suite 4706 - beautiful view of the harbour from both the living room and bedroom. Free mini bar supplies apart from wine. All the toiletries are provided. The decoration is very modern, comfortable and thought in every single details. The bar on the top floor has a very nice view and cocktails. We didn't have dinner there we preferred going to din tai fung for amazing dim sum however we tried the breakfast and it was alright. It is a la carte and there isn't that much choice. Service is very good.

• Stayed June 2013
Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay and thank you for highlighting the layout and views from suite 4706. Din Tai Fung restaurant is also one of my favorite restaurants; great food indeed and wonderful to hear that you had a chance to experience it! Café Gray serves modern European food and is popular with local residents as well as hotel guests; do try it during your next visit.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great spacious rooms and very well appointed. Exceedingly professional staff. I don't think there is anything I can criticize. This could be one for the record books. We will make this our spot in HK from now on.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

Thank you for having taken the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us.

We are much honored also to know that you call our team “exceedingly professional”.

It is great to know that you consider us now the favorite spot in Hong Kong.

Do let me know if I may assist you with any future reservation at “our house” or at any other Swire Hotels.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I just stayed at The Upper House. For 10 nights. My second time actually. It's the best hotel in Hong Kong. I have stayed at all the other five star's but this one is my favorite. The design and look of the space is fantastic. I love the "less is more" look. Zen. Beautifully done. The rooms are great too. Big. The staff is great. Dean Winter (General Manager) and Marcel Thoma (Manager) are fantastic. Really cool guys. Nothing pretentious here. The real deal. Will come back again!

Room Tip: Higher floors. The larger rooms even though every room is big.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Glenn

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

Thank you for having taken the time to share your thoughts about your second stay with us.
We appreciate you continued loyalty a lot – do come back soon again.

The Upper House

Been to The Upper House? Share your experiences!