“A very nice surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Upper House

Save Saved
You added The Upper House to your Saves list
The Upper House
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong, China (Admiralty)   |
Special Offer
FIVE Reasons To Stay
Ranked #1 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
London, United Kingdom
“A very nice surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We got upgraded to suite 4706 - beautiful view of the harbour from both the living room and bedroom. Free mini bar supplies apart from wine. All the toiletries are provided. The decoration is very modern, comfortable and thought in every single details. The bar on the top floor has a very nice view and cocktails. We didn't have dinner there we preferred going to din tai fung for amazing dim sum however we tried the breakfast and it was alright. It is a la carte and there isn't that much choice. Service is very good.

• Stayed June 2013
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay and thank you for highlighting the layout and views from suite 4706. Din Tai Fung restaurant is also one of my favorite restaurants; great food indeed and wonderful to hear that you had a chance to experience it! Café Gray serves modern European food and is popular with local residents as well as hotel guests; do try it during your next visit.

Unfortunate that I did not get to meet you personally during you stay with us. Please ensure to contact me personally if I may assist with any future reservation at “our house” or any other Swire Hotels.

The Upper House

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great spacious rooms and very well appointed. Exceedingly professional staff. I don't think there is anything I can criticize. This could be one for the record books. We will make this our spot in HK from now on.

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

Thank you for having taken the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us.

We are much honored also to know that you call our team “exceedingly professional”.

It is great to know that you consider us now the favorite spot in Hong Kong.

Do let me know if I may assist you with any future reservation at “our house” or at any other Swire Hotels.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I just stayed at The Upper House. For 10 nights. My second time actually. It's the best hotel in Hong Kong. I have stayed at all the other five star's but this one is my favorite. The design and look of the space is fantastic. I love the "less is more" look. Zen. Beautifully done. The rooms are great too. Big. The staff is great. Dean Winter (General Manager) and Marcel Thoma (Manager) are fantastic. Really cool guys. Nothing pretentious here. The real deal. Will come back again!

Room Tip: Higher floors. The larger rooms even though every room is big.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Glenn

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

Thank you for having taken the time to share your thoughts about your second stay with us.
We appreciate you continued loyalty a lot – do come back soon again.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Beautiful spacious rooms with a zen like calm provides for a perfect oasis from the frenetic humid streets of HK.
Our guest experience contact, Connie, was absolutely superb - serene, informative, helpful and made superb recommendations for restaurants and sightseeing. When Connie was off duty Tommy was also excellent.
Kim was an excellent chauffeur on our tour of Hong Kong - informative and insightful about life for residents of HK.
The bar and restaurant on the 49th floor had spectacular views, beautiful decor and excellent service and food.
An early check in and late check out made our stay so much easier. Thanks to everyone at the Hotel. We are extensive travellers and this was head and shoulders above any other Hotel we have stayed in.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view.
Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

Allow me to thank YOU also for having taken the time to share you experience with the tripadvisor community.

We are indeed fortunate to work with such amazingly service orientated team members; I have shared all your comments with them. I am glad to know that Connie, Tommy and Kim made your stay specifically delightful!

We hope to welcome you back “home” soon again. Do let me know if I may assist with any future reservation either at “our house” or any other Swire Hotels.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Thank you so much to all staff in the upper house. It was truly fantastic experience. We had a suite with one of the most incredible view of hk and really struggle to leave that room. The suite was super clean, big and really well decorated.
All hotel is stylish but not pretentious, it is warm and relaxing.
Will absolutely recommend to everyone and definitely come back next time in hk.

Thank you so much upper house!

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

We much appreciate that you call us “the best hotel ever”. I have furthermore shared all your kind comments with the team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a trip through Asia and my stay at The Upper House was surely a highlight. My suite had the most incredible view of Victoria Harbor and was comfortable and stylish. The staff was top notch. The restaurant was very good and every seat offers an outstanding view. While there is no spa, the hotel arranged for an in room massage which was excellent. If you are looking for a very special experience while in Hong Kong, The Upper House should be your choice!

• Stayed June 2013
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com and your patronage during your recent visit to Asia.

We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with your stay. Great to know that you liked the in room massage – we work with a knowledgeable team of experienced masseuse – and having the large bathtub in the room makes the whole experience surely like an own private spa.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

All I have to say is, if you are a person who demands the best in all you experience (like me), this place will deliver. I travel 80% of my time for work and my 10 day stay was hands down the best I have ever experienced in the world.
Caters to those who have refined taste and a need to be taken care of when added stress is the last thing you need. Don't even get me started on the REN beauty products...
Just epically chic. Beautiful design. Kind faces everywhere who reference you by name...For me its love.

Room Tip: Absolutely get a room with a view. Great way to wake up and fall asleep.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Demetria

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

We are delighted to know that you consider us “the best place you have ever experienced”.

I like your definition of “love” also in your review – lovely and thanks again for sharing your thoughts with the tripadvisor community.

We hope to welcome you back “home” soon again.

The Upper House

Been to The Upper House? Share your experiences!