“Very very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Upper House to your Saves list
Expedia.com Agoda.com
The Upper House
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong, China (Admiralty)   |
Special Rate
Extra Night on the House
Ranked #1 of 581 hotels in Hong Kong
New York City, New York
“Very very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great spacious rooms and very well appointed. Exceedingly professional staff. I don't think there is anything I can criticize. This could be one for the record books. We will make this our spot in HK from now on.

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

Thank you for having taken the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us.

We are much honored also to know that you call our team “exceedingly professional”.

It is great to know that you consider us now the favorite spot in Hong Kong.

Do let me know if I may assist you with any future reservation at “our house” or at any other Swire Hotels.

760 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I just stayed at The Upper House. For 10 nights. My second time actually. It's the best hotel in Hong Kong. I have stayed at all the other five star's but this one is my favorite. The design and look of the space is fantastic. I love the "less is more" look. Zen. Beautifully done. The rooms are great too. Big. The staff is great. Dean Winter (General Manager) and Marcel Thoma (Manager) are fantastic. Really cool guys. Nothing pretentious here. The real deal. Will come back again!

Room Tip: Higher floors. The larger rooms even though every room is big.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Glenn

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

Thank you for having taken the time to share your thoughts about your second stay with us.
We appreciate you continued loyalty a lot – do come back soon again.

Auckland Central, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Beautiful spacious rooms with a zen like calm provides for a perfect oasis from the frenetic humid streets of HK.
Our guest experience contact, Connie, was absolutely superb - serene, informative, helpful and made superb recommendations for restaurants and sightseeing. When Connie was off duty Tommy was also excellent.
Kim was an excellent chauffeur on our tour of Hong Kong - informative and insightful about life for residents of HK.
The bar and restaurant on the 49th floor had spectacular views, beautiful decor and excellent service and food.
An early check in and late check out made our stay so much easier. Thanks to everyone at the Hotel. We are extensive travellers and this was head and shoulders above any other Hotel we have stayed in.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view.
Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

Allow me to thank YOU also for having taken the time to share you experience with the tripadvisor community.

We are indeed fortunate to work with such amazingly service orientated team members; I have shared all your comments with them. I am glad to know that Connie, Tommy and Kim made your stay specifically delightful!

We hope to welcome you back “home” soon again. Do let me know if I may assist with any future reservation either at “our house” or any other Swire Hotels.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Thank you so much to all staff in the upper house. It was truly fantastic experience. We had a suite with one of the most incredible view of hk and really struggle to leave that room. The suite was super clean, big and really well decorated.
All hotel is stylish but not pretentious, it is warm and relaxing.
Will absolutely recommend to everyone and definitely come back next time in hk.

Thank you so much upper house!

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

We much appreciate that you call us “the best hotel ever”. I have furthermore shared all your kind comments with the team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a trip through Asia and my stay at The Upper House was surely a highlight. My suite had the most incredible view of Victoria Harbor and was comfortable and stylish. The staff was top notch. The restaurant was very good and every seat offers an outstanding view. While there is no spa, the hotel arranged for an in room massage which was excellent. If you are looking for a very special experience while in Hong Kong, The Upper House should be your choice!

• Stayed June 2013
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com and your patronage during your recent visit to Asia.

We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with your stay. Great to know that you liked the in room massage – we work with a knowledgeable team of experienced masseuse – and having the large bathtub in the room makes the whole experience surely like an own private spa.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

All I have to say is, if you are a person who demands the best in all you experience (like me), this place will deliver. I travel 80% of my time for work and my 10 day stay was hands down the best I have ever experienced in the world.
Caters to those who have refined taste and a need to be taken care of when added stress is the last thing you need. Don't even get me started on the REN beauty products...
Just epically chic. Beautiful design. Kind faces everywhere who reference you by name...For me its love.

Room Tip: Absolutely get a room with a view. Great way to wake up and fall asleep.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Demetria

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

We are delighted to know that you consider us “the best place you have ever experienced”.

I like your definition of “love” also in your review – lovely and thanks again for sharing your thoughts with the tripadvisor community.

We hope to welcome you back “home” soon again.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Living in Hong Kong, I usually don't feel it necessary to stay in a hotel. However, in some occasions, for example, when my parents or siblings visit Hong Kong, I usually book hotel rooms for them. When my parents came to visit in 2009, I booked a suite for them in Upper House. As soon as we had entered the room, we immediately felt in love with this unique hotel. The staff were so professional in providing the services making us feel like home. I don't feel there is luxury decoration but it is really cozy, relaxing, and clean. I returned to Upper House twice since then and the most recent time was this year for a holiday celebration. We also stayed in the suite for two nights to enjoy our private moments (we got the special offer for Cathay Pacific Marco Polo members).
The bathroom is a truly masterpiece and the highlight of the room. The bath tub allows you to see the city while comfortably soaking yourself in it. The shower area is spacious and you can totally enjoy yourself in the shower.
I enjoyed sitting on the comfy sofa in the living room and listening to the music. They provided a nespresso machine in the pantry but we did not use it. My husband loved very much the variety and the equality of team they provided. He said it was one of the best he had ever had! There were also complimentary snacks in the pantry but we did not get to have them. There were also different kinds of complimentary soft drinks in the fridge for guests to use.
The views from the suite were always amazing. You get to see the harbour and the structure of the building makes the fantastic reflections of the room at the night time.
The breakfast in Cafe Grey is indeed healthy, fresh, and delicious. We like the fruit salad a lot. We had a great time sitting by the window, enjoying the breakfast and the breath-taking view of the Victoria Harbour.
The location of the hotel is superb -- in Admiralty where there are a shopping mall and many restaurants downstairs and the subway station is nearby.
We are not sure if we will return again because it is really an expensive hotel. But, we still highly recommend this one!

Room Tip: Harbour view room is really awesome!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Many thanks for your detailed feedback on tripadvisor.com

We are very grateful for your continued patronage. Your feedback really reads like a great story – amazing that you stayed with us when we first opened in fall 2009 and still continue your loyalty – Thank you so much!

Please do stay in touch and let me know if I may ever assist you in the future.

The Upper House

Been to The Upper House? Share your experiences!