We arrived in the middle of the night after a long flight from Los Angeles (with stopover in Seoul, Korea). I am glad we decided to use the hotel’s airport transportation since we knew we would be arriving tired at that time and did not want to have to locate a taxi. The hotel emailed us detailed instructions on where to meet the driver, and he was waiting for us as soon as we exited with our bags. He was holding a card up with our names.
We stayed at the Upper House for three nights February 22, 23 and 24. After we left the Upper House we went on a Silversea cruise which departed from Hong Kong and stopped at ports in Viet Nam, Bangkok, and finally Singapore where we stayed three nights before flying home.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Upper House and it was definitely one of the highlights of our vacation. There is not much more that I can add from what others have written. We loved the hotel! The rooms are beautiful and the service is excellent. The bathrooms are beautiful with a wonderful limestone shower with no door (not necessary), rain shower head, and nice Ren bath products. The “maxi-bar” is a nice treat with complimentary M&M’s and other treats, and beverages in the fridge. We did not have a very clear harbor view but the view nonetheless was quite spectacular. We stared at all the high-rises and had a glimpse of the harbor. They upgraded us from the Studio 70 to Studio 80 which was very nice. No detail is overlooked, with the various controls and switches, various plugs for the laptop and other devices, and convenient way to close all the window blinds at night with the touch of a button.
Two small items that could use improvement (1) missing from the room is a make-up mirror. There is really no place to put on your make-up as lighting over the sink areas is very dim, and (2) the outlet to plug in the hair dryer was inside the closet so you had to stand up and dry your hair by the closet.
We found the close proximity to Pacific Place and the MTR stop very convenient. It was our first time in Hong Kong and it was easy to get around. It was nice to return to the peaceful vibe of the hotel after touring around the city.
As we were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary we made dinner reservations long in advance at Café Grey. The view and service are truly outstanding but to be honest we were a little disappointed in the food. I guess we were expecting it to be great. It was good, but not great. They did bring us an anniversary dessert with candle which was very nice.
We would definitely return to the Upper House!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Upper House is a highly individualized small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu. The hotel’s 117 rooms (including 21 suites and 2 penthouses) start at 730sq ft – the largest in Hong Kong. They feature wonderfully spacious bathrooms and dressing areas, and offer either scenic harbour or island views. Calming and contemporary, the rooms are designed to provide a sense of relaxation, warmth and understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Ctrip DaoDao, Jetsetter and Venere so you can book your The Upper House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upper House Hotel Hong Kong
- The Upper House Hong Kong