“Stylish hotel with great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Upper House

Save Saved
You added The Upper House to your Saves list
The Upper House
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong, China (Admiralty)   |
Ranked #1 of 581 hotels in Hong Kong
Beijing, China
“Stylish hotel with great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stylish design, geat location for shopping, enjoyed breakfast with nice view of Victoria harbor. You can easily go anywhere by metro. Plus downstairs is Lane Crawford shopping mall. I enjoyed my second stay here and I will come back for sure.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Many thanks for having taken the time to write a tripadvisor review after your stay with us.

It is wonderful to know that you are a returning guest to “our house” already.

We are happy to know that you like the style and location of The Upper House.

Please do let me know next time you are travelling to Hong Kong. It will be my pleasure to personally look after your reservation in the future.

757 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I spend four nights here, while on business. WOW, love this hotel. The room was very spacious, very contemporary and the service was outstanding. Located near two other great hotels (Conrad and Shangri La) you will to be at a loss for great dining or drinks. The room came with complimentary breakfast at Hotel Gray and it was just perfect. Staff is on top of it and the food is great. If you are looking for a Cosmopolitan experience in Hong Kong, this it it. If you want to shop, you at about 50 feet away from Pacific Place, which has it all. Already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mario

We appreciate the fact that you liked the ambience of “our house”. Your highlighted the service you received and I am very happy to know that you are planning to return soon again.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have stayed in Hotels all over Europe, the Usa, Australia, Canada and some in the fareast but I have never enjoyed a sta y as much. Form our first welcome at0800hrs, a coffee whilst the room was checked, the introduction by the guest advisor regarding the amenities in the room, the incredible level of the amenities, this has to be the finest hotel stay I have ever experienced, outdoing the grand hotels of Europe with a quiet efficiency, unobtrusive service as well as the friendliest approach indicating they have not been swayed by their own hype.

Room Tip: Views of the harbour
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Many thanks that you took the time to write a tripadvisor review after your stay with us.

To call us “the best hotel ever” is much appreciated. Your comparison with the grandest hotels in the world is wonderfully described and we are happy to know that it was the unobtrusive service which you liked the most at “our house”

glen rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Young NYC couple thought this hotel was perfection.
All rooms boast incredible views. Felt like a spa experience when showering or having a bath. Endless REN products provided.
The restaurant has wonderful food. Friday, sat & Sunday nights draws a fun vibe. Views are breathtaking.

• Stayed December 2012
We appreciate your recent tripadvisor review.

The highlights of your stay are wonderfully noted and we are glad to know that you had a good time at “our house”.

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I travel over 80% of my time and I stay and travel in an automated way, I have my system and favorites. There is NO hotel that I have stayed in ( and I can say without bragging, I know what I'm talking about) that comes close to the experience in every way at the upper house
From arriving and going straight to your room
To the hot cookies and hot milk at the end of the day in my room welcoming be back
Every member of staff is so well trained
The beds hugely comfortable the bathrooms are a dream
A tub you could swim in
The room service is vast and being able to order from an iPhone in your room is fantastic
The mini bar all free and coffe maker and tea in your room is so nice, not o mention the FRESH milk in the fridge
Cafe gray upstairs is delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner
I hate leaving there, and truly can't wait to come back

Room Tip: There is no bad room!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Many thanks for having taken the time to write a tripadvisor review.

It is pleasing to hear that you had a great stay with us. Your comments regarding the “well trained” team members have been shared. Also your appreciation of our milk and cookies has been noted.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I are currently staying at The Upper House and as he put it this morning when we left the breakfast...if we come back to HK we are not staying anywhere else, why bother because you would just be disappointed. The room itself is enormous HK standards or no and the bathroom is just fantastic! A great shower and a big, deep bath. The little touches are great like the amenities kit that has things like nail polish remover and a facial masque. The hotel really does think of everything. I also loved that there was a comfortable couch for lounging on during our stay and it was so relaxing we didn't want to leave the room. We went to the Lounge and it was so nice - in the afteroon they have trays of little sweets for guests to help themselves. In the lobby as it is christmas time they have a pretty chest that guests open for each day of Christmas and inside you will find a little treat in the manner of an advent calendar. We tried the bar at the hotel and the service was great and food and drinks nice too. All in all we are very happy with our stay. It is a modern hotel and I was a bit apprehensive as I quite like the grand hotel vibe but I was absolutely floored by the service at the Upper House. Thank you for a memorable stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for having spent time to write the tripadvisor review.

We appreciate all your positive notes you took while you stayed at “our house”.
It is wonderful to hear that you appreciate our current holiday season decoration. Come back for more treats anytime until the end of the year.

Please do let me know next time you are travelling to Hong Kong. It will be my pleasure to personally look after your room allocation in the future. Hopefully I get a chance to meet you personally.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have stayed at the Upper House a couple of times and they always make you feel at home. Very spacious rooms for HK with fantastic shower and bathroom, but it is all the personal touches that make the difference and make this hotel stand out: check in in the room instead of reception desk, warm milk with cookies to fall asleep on the first evening of arrival to help with jet lag, ordering room service from iPhone. Upper House also have a fantastic breakfast offering, mango salad and oatmeal are superb!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Marcel T, Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for having spent time on writing the tripadvisor review.

We appreciate all your positive feedback. Above all it is loyal guests like you which make “our house” special, not only for guests to arrive but also for us to work at.

Please do let me know next time you are travelling to Hong Kong. It will be my pleasure to personally look after your room allocation in the future and hopefully I get a chance to meet you personally.

The Upper House

Been to The Upper House? Share your experiences!