This was the best choice made possible for me for 2 reasons:
- Location: I could walk 10-15 mins to St Teresa's Hospital back and forth easily
- Room Cost: Average rate much cheaper than the other nearby 3-4 star hotels which were overpriced due to Mainland China tourists staying, e.g Royal Plaza, Langham etc...
1. Location - Not just for my needs, but in this area there are plenty of local delicacies, fresh fishball,/dace fish balls/brisket noodles, roast goose, traditional chinese bakery, ParkNShop, wet market, red mini van stops, it is a very "local" area if you know about cantonese culture and tastes.
2. Helpful Staff given the lack of other facilities and services.
3. There is a pool and lounging area, which I did not get to try but seems suitable for kids.
1. Small lobby/Overcrowding - Tour groups rule this hotel but I had no choice
2. Noise pollution - From the tour groups checking in and out, room to room, noisy corridors, I did open my door and yell a few times to some Chinese tourists who felt that could scream at each other at night from door to door. But in all honestly, this frequently happens now in other hotels.
This hotel is ok for a simple stay, adequate if visiting family and/or need to be in this area, especially those visiting family or need to be in this area and do not want to stay in a motel/YMCA/or the bridal house hostel hotels. This is not suitable for tourists or travellers that are new to HK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning chic Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has much to celebrate including its’ five awards achieved in a short period of time. The hotel is located in an uprising area in Kowloon near the former Kai Tak Airport region and Mongkok, just minutes from Hong Kong’s diverse sightseeing, shopping and entertainment hotspots. Minutes to the MTR Station and bustling Tsimshatsui by frequent complimentary hotel shuttle bus that’s not just a ride but also a city tour through one of Hong Kong’s oldest districts. This upscale 4-star hotel features 702 charming guestrooms and suites with fully equipped kitchenette, a fantastic outdoor Swimming Pool, Children’s Pool and Whirlpool, a spa and a well-equipped Fitness Centre. All rooms boast a 32’’ flat-screen TV, mini-bar and tea & coffee-making facilities. The hotel gets its name 8 degrees referring to the 8 degree descent pilots had to make to descend onto the runway here - the architects have taken it further by actually giving the lobby the optical illusion of being inclined at that angle too! Hospitable service and excellent facilities, this hotel appeals to all business, leisure, long staying and family travellers looking for comfortable and attractive accommodation in the pearl of the orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, getaroom.com, Ctrip DaoDao, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong