Booked this hotel after reading a variety of reviews. Third trip to HK for holiday.
Biggest thing is location.
Whilst there is a new MTR opening closer (next year or two )it is still a hassel to get to Hong Kong Island or even Nathain St. Taxi costs $40 to 50 hk dollars.If the hotel put on another shuttle bus at peak hours it would help.
Rooms very good, service very good, internet $120 per device per 24hrs..very poor!!
Meals OK but could not get Chinese meal, cook gone home.There are a few restaurants around the area but Japanese???
Pool OK but no drink service at pool area had to go to garden bar
Whilst the breakfast buffet was not bad it was not good enough to get us back each morning
as it was not included in the cost of accommodation paying about $150hk was far too much
Personally would not stay there again, just as good value closer to Kowloon or on HK island itself
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and Mongkok area, close to Tsimshatsui shopping, entertainment and sightseeing destinations, MTR Hunghom Station, Kowloon Bay & Kwun Tong are conveniently reachable by the complimentary hotel shuttle bus. The award winning Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has a unique twist to its lobby, designed with utmost innovation creating an optical illusion where it feels as if you're inside Italy's Leaning Tower of Pisa. Features 704 guestrooms and suites, boasting a 32-inch LCD TV, in-room Wi-Fi access, mini-bar, tea & coffee-making facilities. Two restaurants offer International, Asian, Halal and Indian cuisines, one inviting bar, a full service Business Centre, a well-equipped Fitness Centre, a relaxing sauna and a distinctively shaped outdoor swimming pool, children's pool and whirlpool surrounded by a lush landscape. Three Executive Floors with a Harbour Club Lounge offering complimentary afternoon tea, evening refreshments, breakfast buffet at Cafe 8 Degrees, etc. Offering hospitable service and excellent facilities, Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees distinguishes itself admirably among travelers appealing to business, leisure, family vacation or romantic getaway looking for comfortable and pleasurable accommodation at great value. Please note hotel outdoor swimming pool will be closed during winter from 01 December 2014 and will open till further notice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Ctrip TA so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong