I stayed in this hotel for 5 days in the end of May 2013. When i booked i was told that this is a 4star category hotel but to my surprise it didnt match to a 2star category hotel at chennai. It has 21 floors and we stayed in the a9th floor. Ours was a tripple sharing and we were shocked when we saw the third cot put just near the room entrance without making us able to access the cupboard/closet. We didnt have much space for our luggage nor to walk from one end to other in the room. 80% of the staff doesnt know to smile and some are very rude. They dont give a proper welcome to the guests. I was very annoyed when the three of the staff were having a chat standing right in front of the entrance when we were entering to checking-in without giving us way until we looked stunned at what they were doing.
We were asked to pay 2000HK$ as caution deposit. Morning buffet was gud with different varieties from continental, japanese and Indian. The surrounding had some small restaurants and eatouts and even couple of 7-11 outlets. So we had no worries to eat outside at nights and have a walk.
Wifi at lobby or rooms is chargeable. concierge are helpful.
Can opt the place if you are not too much bothered abt the size of the rooms and the staff service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and Mongkok area, close to Tsimshatsui shopping, entertainment and sightseeing destinations, MTR Hunghom Station, Kowloon Bay & Kwun Tong are conveniently reachable by the complimentary hotel shuttle bus. The award winning Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has a unique twist to its lobby, designed with utmost innovation creating an optical illusion where it feels as if you're inside Italy's Leaning Tower of Pisa. Features 704 guestrooms and suites, boasting a 32-inch LCD TV, in-room Wi-Fi access, mini-bar, tea & coffee-making facilities. Two restaurants offer International, Asian, Halal and Indian cuisines, one inviting bar, a full service Business Centre, a well-equipped Fitness Centre, a relaxing sauna and a distinctively shaped outdoor swimming pool, children's pool and whirlpool surrounded by a lush landscape. Three Executive Floors with a Harbour Club Lounge offering complimentary afternoon tea, evening refreshments, breakfast buffet at Cafe 8 Degrees, etc. Offering hospitable service and excellent facilities, Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees distinguishes itself admirably among travelers appealing to business, leisure, family vacation or romantic getaway looking for comfortable and pleasurable accommodation at great value. Please note hotel outdoor swimming pool will be closed during winter from 01 December 2014 and will open till further notice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong