went in the last week of may for a family holiday. stayed for five nights. was given a free room upgrade (same category of room although on a higher floor). Lobby was small with seating available only in the coffee shop. check in was quick but the reception people were asking for 2500 HK$ security which is negotiable if u dont want to use the fax and the room bar. rooms were clean and neat although a bit small (as in rest of hong kong). It looks like a popular destination for small tourist groups as there was always rush in the lobby. Variety was there in the breakfast buffet although the quality was average. could have been better. shuttle service was there on a regular basis to the subway station but the drivers are very rude.
room service took around 45 min-1 hr. surprisingly no crockery and cutlery was available (plates, glasses , spoons even if u ask for it). it will be send only if you order something from the kitchen. would i stay there again-probably not
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and Mongkok area, close to Tsimshatsui shopping, entertainment and sightseeing destinations, MTR Hunghom Station, Kowloon Bay & Kwun Tong are conveniently reachable by the complimentary hotel shuttle bus. The award winning Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has a unique twist to its lobby, designed with utmost innovation creating an optical illusion where it feels as if you're inside Italy's Leaning Tower of Pisa. Features 704 guestrooms and suites, boasting a 32-inch LCD TV, in-room Wi-Fi access, mini-bar, tea & coffee-making facilities. Two restaurants offer International, Asian, Halal and Indian cuisines, one inviting bar, a full service Business Centre, a well-equipped Fitness Centre, a relaxing sauna and a distinctively shaped outdoor swimming pool, children's pool and whirlpool surrounded by a lush landscape. Three Executive Floors with a Harbour Club Lounge offering complimentary afternoon tea, evening refreshments, breakfast buffet at Cafe 8 Degrees, etc. Offering hospitable service and excellent facilities, Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees distinguishes itself admirably among travelers appealing to business, leisure, family vacation or romantic getaway looking for comfortable and pleasurable accommodation at great value. Please note hotel outdoor swimming pool will be closed during winter from 01 December 2014 and will open till further notice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA and Odigeo so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong