Serviced apartment option
NOTE Minimum stay condition - 1 month
Surrounding environment car repair shops galore.
Many tour groups crowd the small lobby. Difficult to walk a path to the lifts.
Lobby has absolutely n o seating unless a purchase is a made at the coffee shop.
Four outdoor benches are available in the shuttle bus/car park bay therefore do not expect to sit in air-conditioned comfort despite this place supposedly being a hotel.
No grounds available unless you count the above mentioned covered car park. During one evening we attempted to escape our suite and sit at the Pool Side tables on the second floor but were told in a very hostile tone there was a minimum charge. Noticing a pattern....... to plant your rear in the public areas you have to continuously pay!!! IMHO ridiculous.
We enquired at the front desk and were advised yes indeed the Pool Side is a user pay area (despite only 4 tables being utilised at time of visit). Staff suggested alternative sit out area - the ' free' swimming pool. To sit in the pool arena guests must be dressed in swim gear only! So be forewarned, your options apart from your suite are non-existent during such a long duration stay. Staff indifferent to comfort of guests. Attitude of a head mistress enforcing rules only.
Toilet paper, coffee/tea sachets not automatically renewed supply. Face to face requests with some cleaning staff fail. Eventually have to telephone Housekeeping.
Morning newspaper provided is a roadside freebie vs paid publication unless protest is made.
Shuttle bus infrequent. Not located near MTR station.
Prepaid discounted breakfast vouchers not worth their face value. Poor produce, limited choice and poor menu variation. Not even an automated coffee and tea maker available. Urn coffee in this day and age?
Witnessed guests using hands to grab food and dry condiments yet staff did not intervene to cease such unhygienic practices.
Pros - few nice cleaning and lobby staff
- Simmons bed extremely comfortable
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning chic Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has much to celebrate including its’ five awards achieved in a short period of time. The hotel is located in an uprising area in Kowloon near the former Kai Tak Airport region and Mongkok, just minutes from Hong Kong’s diverse sightseeing, shopping and entertainment hotspots. Minutes to the MTR Station and bustling Tsimshatsui by frequent complimentary hotel shuttle bus that’s not just a ride but also a city tour through one of Hong Kong’s oldest districts. This upscale 4-star hotel features 702 charming guestrooms and suites with fully equipped kitchenette, a fantastic outdoor Swimming Pool, Children’s Pool and Whirlpool, a spa and a well-equipped Fitness Centre. All rooms boast a 32’’ flat-screen TV, mini-bar and tea & coffee-making facilities. The hotel gets its name 8 degrees referring to the 8 degree descent pilots had to make to descend onto the runway here - the architects have taken it further by actually giving the lobby the optical illusion of being inclined at that angle too! Hospitable service and excellent facilities, this hotel appeals to all business, leisure, long staying and family travellers looking for comfortable and attractive accommodation in the pearl of the orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Ctrip DaoDao, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong