Serviced apartment option
NOTE Minimum stay condition - 1 month
Surrounding environment car repair shops galore.
Many tour groups crowd the small lobby. Difficult to walk a path to the lifts.
Lobby has absolutely n o seating unless a purchase is a made at the coffee shop.
Four outdoor benches are available in the shuttle bus/car park bay therefore do not expect to sit in air-conditioned comfort despite this place supposedly being a hotel.
No grounds available unless you count the above mentioned covered car park. During one evening we attempted to escape our suite and sit at the Pool Side tables on the second floor but were told in a very hostile tone there was a minimum charge. Noticing a pattern....... to plant your rear in the public areas you have to continuously pay!!! IMHO ridiculous.
We enquired at the front desk and were advised yes indeed the Pool Side is a user pay area (despite only 4 tables being utilised at time of visit). Staff suggested alternative sit out area - the ' free' swimming pool. To sit in the pool arena guests must be dressed in swim gear only! So be forewarned, your options apart from your suite are non-existent during such a long duration stay. Staff indifferent to comfort of guests. Attitude of a head mistress enforcing rules only.
Toilet paper, coffee/tea sachets not automatically renewed supply. Face to face requests with some cleaning staff fail. Eventually have to telephone Housekeeping.
Morning newspaper provided is a roadside freebie vs paid publication unless protest is made.
Shuttle bus infrequent. Not located near MTR station.
Prepaid discounted breakfast vouchers not worth their face value. Poor produce, limited choice and poor menu variation. Not even an automated coffee and tea maker available. Urn coffee in this day and age?
Witnessed guests using hands to grab food and dry condiments yet staff did not intervene to cease such unhygienic practices.
Pros - few nice cleaning and lobby staff
- Simmons bed extremely comfortable
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and Mongkok area, close to Tsimshatsui shopping, entertainment and sightseeing destinations, MTR Hunghom Station, Kowloon Bay & Kwun Tong are conveniently reachable by the complimentary hotel shuttle bus. The award winning Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has a unique twist to its lobby, designed with utmost innovation creating an optical illusion where it feels as if you're inside Italy's Leaning Tower of Pisa. Features 704 guestrooms and suites, boasting a 32-inch LCD TV, in-room Wi-Fi access, mini-bar, tea & coffee-making facilities. Two restaurants offer International, Asian, Halal and Indian cuisines, one inviting bar, a full service Business Centre, a well-equipped Fitness Centre, a relaxing sauna and a distinctively shaped outdoor swimming pool, children's pool and whirlpool surrounded by a lush landscape. Three Executive Floors with a Harbour Club Lounge offering complimentary afternoon tea, evening refreshments, breakfast buffet at Cafe 8 Degrees, etc. Offering hospitable service and excellent facilities, Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees distinguishes itself admirably among travelers appealing to business, leisure, family vacation or romantic getaway looking for comfortable and pleasurable accommodation at great value. Please note hotel outdoor swimming pool will be closed during winter from 01 December 2014 and will open till further notice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong