Stayed here for three nights as a finale to a 7 week tour of Australia. The hotel is modern and well appointed and the check in service was quick and efficient. WiFi is charged for and we were told it was cheaper to pay to upgrade our room with complimentary wifi than pay for wifi! In this day and age of internet communication I found this strange! The room was on the upper floors with a view over the opposite block of flats. The room was very clean and well appointed though the noise all night from other guests shouting down the corridor to each other was disconcerting. Shouting back to shut up seemed to work wonders! The surrounding area seems to be mainly car/tyre repair shops and is really unatractive and a long way from the Harbour! No convenient public transport though there is a complimentary shuttle bus but you need to be early and have wide shoulders to push your way on. The buffet breakfast was very good but we didn't try the dinner as it looked very expensive. A 5 min walk to local resturants produced wonderful inexpensive HK food and don't worry about not reading or speaking chinese. The menu's have photo's and English descriptions and the local people are brilliant and willing to help. We wouldnt stay here again mainly becuse of the position but have to say value for money it was good. One final comment, if you book a tour through the hotel desk as we did, and its cancelled, as ours was. Then the crdit chrage is instant electronic, the refund is snail pace via paper. It took 2 months to get our refund!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning chic Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has much to celebrate including its’ five awards achieved in a short period of time. The hotel is located in an uprising area in Kowloon near the former Kai Tak Airport region and Mongkok, just minutes from Hong Kong’s diverse sightseeing, shopping and entertainment hotspots. Minutes to the MTR Station and bustling Tsimshatsui by frequent complimentary hotel shuttle bus that’s not just a ride but also a city tour through one of Hong Kong’s oldest districts. This upscale 4-star hotel features 702 charming guestrooms and suites with fully equipped kitchenette, a fantastic outdoor Swimming Pool, Children’s Pool and Whirlpool, a spa and a well-equipped Fitness Centre. All rooms boast a 32’’ flat-screen TV, mini-bar and tea & coffee-making facilities. The hotel gets its name 8 degrees referring to the 8 degree descent pilots had to make to descend onto the runway here - the architects have taken it further by actually giving the lobby the optical illusion of being inclined at that angle too! Hospitable service and excellent facilities, this hotel appeals to all business, leisure, long staying and family travellers looking for comfortable and attractive accommodation in the pearl of the orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Ctrip DaoDao, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong