Stayed here for three nights as a finale to a 7 week tour of Australia. The hotel is modern and well appointed and the check in service was quick and efficient. WiFi is charged for and we were told it was cheaper to pay to upgrade our room with complimentary wifi than pay for wifi! In this day and age of internet communication I found this strange! The room was on the upper floors with a view over the opposite block of flats. The room was very clean and well appointed though the noise all night from other guests shouting down the corridor to each other was disconcerting. Shouting back to shut up seemed to work wonders! The surrounding area seems to be mainly car/tyre repair shops and is really unatractive and a long way from the Harbour! No convenient public transport though there is a complimentary shuttle bus but you need to be early and have wide shoulders to push your way on. The buffet breakfast was very good but we didn't try the dinner as it looked very expensive. A 5 min walk to local resturants produced wonderful inexpensive HK food and don't worry about not reading or speaking chinese. The menu's have photo's and English descriptions and the local people are brilliant and willing to help. We wouldnt stay here again mainly becuse of the position but have to say value for money it was good. One final comment, if you book a tour through the hotel desk as we did, and its cancelled, as ours was. Then the crdit chrage is instant electronic, the refund is snail pace via paper. It took 2 months to get our refund!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and Mongkok area, close to Tsimshatsui shopping, entertainment and sightseeing destinations, MTR Hunghom Station, Kowloon Bay & Kwun Tong are conveniently reachable by the complimentary hotel shuttle bus. The award winning Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has a unique twist to its lobby, designed with utmost innovation creating an optical illusion where it feels as if you're inside Italy's Leaning Tower of Pisa. Features 702 guestrooms and suites, boasting a 32-inch LCD TV, in-room Wi-Fi access, mini-bar, tea & coffee-making facilities. Two restaurants offer International, Asian, Halal and Indian cuisines, one inviting bar, a full service Business Centre, a well-equipped Fitness Centre, a relaxing sauna and a distinctively shaped outdoor swimming pool, children's pool and whirlpool surrounded by a lush landscape. Three Executive Floors with a Harbour Club Lounge offering complimentary afternoon tea, evening refreshments, breakfast buffet at Cafe 8 Degrees, etc. Offering hospitable service and excellent facilities, Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees distinguishes itself admirably among travelers appealing to business, leisure, family vacation or romantic getaway looking for comfortable and pleasurable accommodation at great value. Please note hotel outdoor swimming pool will be closed during winter from 01 December 2014 and will open till further notice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong