The biggest problem with the hotel is the location. It is a fair way out of Kowloon in an area that seems to be popular with motor mechanics. The view from our room was of a Tyre workshop - quite amusing watching watching them change tyres on the road. You need to go into town to find any decent restaurants - not too bad as taxis are very cheap.
The hotel is OK. The rooms are fairly small, but this is Hong Kong. Not impressed with the plastic cups and glasses and this is the first hotel where I have been asked to pay a room deposit before getting the key (Hong Kong $1000)
We had a problem with the extractor fan in the bathroom which would not turn off. We were promised it would be dealt with immediately as it was noisy at night - we stayed two days and it still had not been sorted.
I would only stay if the price was spectacularly low - but even then it would probably be worth spending a little more and getting a better place to stay
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning chic Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has much to celebrate including its’ five awards achieved in a short period of time. The hotel is located in an uprising area in Kowloon near the former Kai Tak Airport region and Mongkok, just minutes from Hong Kong’s diverse sightseeing, shopping and entertainment hotspots. Minutes to the MTR Station and bustling Tsimshatsui by frequent complimentary hotel shuttle bus that’s not just a ride but also a city tour through one of Hong Kong’s oldest districts. This upscale 4-star hotel features 702 charming guestrooms and suites with fully equipped kitchenette, a fantastic outdoor Swimming Pool, Children’s Pool and Whirlpool, a spa and a well-equipped Fitness Centre. All rooms boast a 32’’ flat-screen TV, mini-bar and tea & coffee-making facilities. The hotel gets its name 8 degrees referring to the 8 degree descent pilots had to make to descend onto the runway here - the architects have taken it further by actually giving the lobby the optical illusion of being inclined at that angle too! Hospitable service and excellent facilities, this hotel appeals to all business, leisure, long staying and family travellers looking for comfortable and attractive accommodation in the pearl of the orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.