The staff there are very friendly and helpful and the check in process was quick. Amenities in our room was fine except, when we first entered in our room there was a very bad odour. We thought it was just stuffy and the windows had not been opened for awhile. We asked for air spray which the hotel kindly sent a housemaid to spray it for us. We then went to the hotel courtyard for high tea, after about an hour we returned to our room and the odour was just as bad as it was before.
Whilst we were staying in the room we noticed the bathroom doesn't seem to have that same odour, in fact it felt like it was odouless when compared to the other part of the room. We finally decided to call reception and advise of the situation and asked if we could change room which the hotel helpfully said yes and quickly arranged another room for us. We really appreciated for that as I did not want to stay in that room any longer. A note, that the room was on level 4.
We moved to level 17, when we entered the room the air was noticeably much clearer and doesn't smell like wee.
To be honest, I think the odour comes from the carpet.
If I were to rank the hotel I would say 3 star, with friendly service and helpful staff 3 and a half star - to be harsh I don't think it it's 4 star hotel. (I can't stand smelly room)
Generally, I won't come back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning chic Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has much to celebrate including its’ five awards achieved in a short period of time. The hotel is located in an uprising area in Kowloon near the former Kai Tak Airport region and Mongkok, just minutes from Hong Kong’s diverse sightseeing, shopping and entertainment hotspots. Minutes to the MTR Station and bustling Tsimshatsui by frequent complimentary hotel shuttle bus that’s not just a ride but also a city tour through one of Hong Kong’s oldest districts. This upscale 4-star hotel features 702 charming guestrooms and suites with fully equipped kitchenette, a fantastic outdoor Swimming Pool, Children’s Pool and Whirlpool, a spa and a well-equipped Fitness Centre. All rooms boast a 32’’ flat-screen TV, mini-bar and tea & coffee-making facilities. The hotel gets its name 8 degrees referring to the 8 degree descent pilots had to make to descend onto the runway here - the architects have taken it further by actually giving the lobby the optical illusion of being inclined at that angle too! Hospitable service and excellent facilities, this hotel appeals to all business, leisure, long staying and family travellers looking for comfortable and attractive accommodation in the pearl of the orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Ctrip DaoDao, Otel and Venere so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong