The staff there are very friendly and helpful and the check in process was quick. Amenities in our room was fine except, when we first entered in our room there was a very bad odour. We thought it was just stuffy and the windows had not been opened for awhile. We asked for air spray which the hotel kindly sent a housemaid to spray it for us. We then went to the hotel courtyard for high tea, after about an hour we returned to our room and the odour was just as bad as it was before.
Whilst we were staying in the room we noticed the bathroom doesn't seem to have that same odour, in fact it felt like it was odouless when compared to the other part of the room. We finally decided to call reception and advise of the situation and asked if we could change room which the hotel helpfully said yes and quickly arranged another room for us. We really appreciated for that as I did not want to stay in that room any longer. A note, that the room was on level 4.
We moved to level 17, when we entered the room the air was noticeably much clearer and doesn't smell like wee.
To be honest, I think the odour comes from the carpet.
If I were to rank the hotel I would say 3 star, with friendly service and helpful staff 3 and a half star - to be harsh I don't think it it's 4 star hotel. (I can't stand smelly room)
Generally, I won't come back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and Mongkok area, close to Tsimshatsui shopping, entertainment and sightseeing destinations, MTR Hunghom Station, Kowloon Bay & Kwun Tong are conveniently reachable by the complimentary hotel shuttle bus. The award winning Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has a unique twist to its lobby, designed with utmost innovation creating an optical illusion where it feels as if you're inside Italy's Leaning Tower of Pisa. Features 704 guestrooms and suites, boasting a 32-inch LCD TV, in-room Wi-Fi access, mini-bar, tea & coffee-making facilities. Two restaurants offer International, Asian, Halal and Indian cuisines, one inviting bar, a full service Business Centre, a well-equipped Fitness Centre, a relaxing sauna and a distinctively shaped outdoor swimming pool, children's pool and whirlpool surrounded by a lush landscape. Three Executive Floors with a Harbour Club Lounge offering complimentary afternoon tea, evening refreshments, breakfast buffet at Cafe 8 Degrees, etc. Offering hospitable service and excellent facilities, Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees distinguishes itself admirably among travelers appealing to business, leisure, family vacation or romantic getaway looking for comfortable and pleasurable accommodation at great value. Please note hotel outdoor swimming pool will be closed during winter from 01 December 2014 and will open till further notice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong