I stayed for 8 days 7 nights on the 20th floor in this hotel. The hotel was clean, tidy and the staff is very friendly. For the price i surveyed, this suits my budget for a 4 star hotel. The surrounding is not scenic but at least i get a look & feel what its like in a typical Kowloon area. Since im going out early & returning at night, i don't see why i need a hotel with a nice view & don't understand people complain about view/scenic surroundings. There is no MTR , so u have to take the shutle bus with timing. Or u can take a taxi to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR for abut 47 to 57 HKD. Food for me is a challenge. As im a Muslim, halal food is hard to find. Luckily, there is Halal food Chinese style located at Wan Chai located inside a mosque. Or beside the Kowloon mosque at Tsim Sha Tsui area, there is a shopping centre. If u noticed some indian/Arab/Middle Eastern standing, approach them. They maybe holding some brochures about their food menu. But pricing wise, be prepared. I can get a briyani in Singapore for around $5sgd(30hkd), but it till cost u around $14sgd(75hkd) to $17sgd(100hkd) for a plate of briyani or Arab rice. All in all, i enjoyed my stay in hong kong and will return again in a few years time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning chic Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has much to celebrate including its’ five awards achieved in a short period of time. The hotel is located in an uprising area in Kowloon near the former Kai Tak Airport region and Mongkok, just minutes from Hong Kong’s diverse sightseeing, shopping and entertainment hotspots. Minutes to the MTR Station and bustling Tsimshatsui by frequent complimentary hotel shuttle bus that’s not just a ride but also a city tour through one of Hong Kong’s oldest districts. This upscale 4-star hotel features 702 charming guestrooms and suites with fully equipped kitchenette, a fantastic outdoor Swimming Pool, Children’s Pool and Whirlpool, a spa and a well-equipped Fitness Centre. All rooms boast a 32’’ flat-screen TV, mini-bar and tea & coffee-making facilities. The hotel gets its name 8 degrees referring to the 8 degree descent pilots had to make to descend onto the runway here - the architects have taken it further by actually giving the lobby the optical illusion of being inclined at that angle too! Hospitable service and excellent facilities, this hotel appeals to all business, leisure, long staying and family travellers looking for comfortable and attractive accommodation in the pearl of the orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Ctrip DaoDao, Otel and Venere so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong