Overall I am satisfied staying at this hotel. But I would like ot highlight 2 points. One is the air conditioing. It is stated in the hotel website that the rooms have individual temperature control
But this is NOT TRUE. I tried to adjust the temp higher than the set temp of 22.5 to 2 3deg C.But I was unable to do it. I called housekeeping who send somebody to my room & advised me that the temp is set at 22.5 to 2 3deg. If I feel cold, I can off the air cond & switch it to FAN mode,which means only air will be supplied to the room but with the air cond switched off.
For the air cond , u have 3 choices i.e high,medium & low. Same for the FAN mode, u have high,medium & low fan mode. BUT YOU CANT ADJUST THE TEMP !!!
2nd, I ordered Haninese Chicken rice & Sweet & sour pork for my dinner one night. The food was horrible. If you eat at those cafes nearby,it tastes better.
Tip: There is a SIngapore Restaurant nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and Mongkok area, close to Tsimshatsui shopping, entertainment and sightseeing destinations, MTR Hunghom Station, Kowloon Bay & Kwun Tong are conveniently reachable by the complimentary hotel shuttle bus. The award winning Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has a unique twist to its lobby, designed with utmost innovation creating an optical illusion where it feels as if you're inside Italy's Leaning Tower of Pisa. Features 704 guestrooms and suites, boasting a 32-inch LCD TV, in-room Wi-Fi access, mini-bar, tea & coffee-making facilities. Two restaurants offer International, Asian, Halal and Indian cuisines, one inviting bar, a full service Business Centre, a well-equipped Fitness Centre, a relaxing sauna and a distinctively shaped outdoor swimming pool, children's pool and whirlpool surrounded by a lush landscape. Three Executive Floors with a Harbour Club Lounge offering complimentary afternoon tea, evening refreshments, breakfast buffet at Cafe 8 Degrees, etc. Offering hospitable service and excellent facilities, Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees distinguishes itself admirably among travelers appealing to business, leisure, family vacation or romantic getaway looking for comfortable and pleasurable accommodation at great value. Please note hotel outdoor swimming pool will be closed during winter from 01 December 2014 and will open till further notice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong