We came with a tour group and arrived after 4 pm and were given 2 rooms on the club floor on the 20th level. One room has a king size bed and the other with 2 single beds. The beds were very comfortable and sleep was good. The rooms were in excellent conditions and everything was like brand new. No bathtub in our rooms though.
The funny thing was that one room was given 2 bottles of mineral water and the other you have to pay if you request for it. The king bed room has plenty of TV channels while the other one has limited number of channels. Both rooms have big bay windows facing the appartments just across the hotel.
Feedback from other tour members given rooms on the lower floors was not that great. Rooms were small and conditions not as good.
Hotel location is not right outside touristy spots. Shuttle service was available but we gave it a miss as the mini bus was usually full and schedule not like every 15 minutes. Bus services were readily available just ouside the hotel or the street infront of the hotel to catch a ride to Mongkok (bus 27) or Avenues of Stars (bus 5C). Taxi fares to Mongkok was under HKD50.
Not sure about the hotel rates as we came with a tour package but I suppose the hotel room we got was bigger compared with other hotels along Nathan Road which will cost a lot more with much smaller space.
The hotel lobby is a bit unusual as there is a slope down to the lift lobby while the area around the hotel is flat. The floor of the lobby comes with big squares decorative tiles which is a bit giddy to look at with that slope in place which seems to be more than 8 degrees as the name of the hotel suggests. Overall would recommend this hotel if the price is much lower than the hotels along Nathan Road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning chic Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has much to celebrate including its’ five awards achieved in a short period of time. The hotel is located in an uprising area in Kowloon near the former Kai Tak Airport region and Mongkok, just minutes from Hong Kong’s diverse sightseeing, shopping and entertainment hotspots. Minutes to the MTR Station and bustling Tsimshatsui by frequent complimentary hotel shuttle bus that’s not just a ride but also a city tour through one of Hong Kong’s oldest districts. This upscale 4-star hotel features 702 charming guestrooms and suites with fully equipped kitchenette, a fantastic outdoor Swimming Pool, Children’s Pool and Whirlpool, a spa and a well-equipped Fitness Centre. All rooms boast a 32’’ flat-screen TV, mini-bar and tea & coffee-making facilities. The hotel gets its name 8 degrees referring to the 8 degree descent pilots had to make to descend onto the runway here - the architects have taken it further by actually giving the lobby the optical illusion of being inclined at that angle too! Hospitable service and excellent facilities, this hotel appeals to all business, leisure, long staying and family travellers looking for comfortable and attractive accommodation in the pearl of the orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, getaroom.com, Ctrip DaoDao, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong