I reached the hotel after 3pm. The check-in was not smooth. At first the counter staff told me that there was no record of my booking. After I told her that the tour agent had confirmed my booking, she went to the back room to check and she took about 10 mins to do so. She said my 2 rooms were not ready and asked me to come back after 5pm ! After some reasoning, she finally found the 2 rooms. Really the check-in service should be improved !
On the other hand, the concierge service was very good. A man in black suite signalled the bell boy to carry my 5 pieces of luggages when I was outside the hotel. They were helpful to advise on transportation and route to get to the destination. In short, they were eager to help !
My rooms were at the 17th floor. They were clean, comfortable and reasonable big with window cushion platform. Kind of relax to sit by the window and enjoy a cup of hot beverage. Coffee making facilities and 2 complementary bottles of drinking water were provided.
Short walking distance to shops selling famous egg tarts and egg rolls, 7-11, wet market and small eateries. Taxi to Ladies Market costs HK35 and Ocean Park costs HK175 (Eastern Tunnel) during off peak.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning chic Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has much to celebrate including its’ five awards achieved in a short period of time. The hotel is located in an uprising area in Kowloon near the former Kai Tak Airport region and Mongkok, just minutes from Hong Kong’s diverse sightseeing, shopping and entertainment hotspots. Minutes to the MTR Station and bustling Tsimshatsui by frequent complimentary hotel shuttle bus that’s not just a ride but also a city tour through one of Hong Kong’s oldest districts. This upscale 4-star hotel features 702 charming guestrooms and suites with fully equipped kitchenette, a fantastic outdoor Swimming Pool, Children’s Pool and Whirlpool, a spa and a well-equipped Fitness Centre. All rooms boast a 32’’ flat-screen TV, mini-bar and tea & coffee-making facilities. The hotel gets its name 8 degrees referring to the 8 degree descent pilots had to make to descend onto the runway here - the architects have taken it further by actually giving the lobby the optical illusion of being inclined at that angle too! Hospitable service and excellent facilities, this hotel appeals to all business, leisure, long staying and family travellers looking for comfortable and attractive accommodation in the pearl of the orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Ctrip DaoDao, Otel and Venere so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong