my husband and I stayed for 2 nights in late october and had a very pleasant experience.We arrived after a long flight from melbourne and unfortunately the patio room our travel agent had booked did not have acess to the patio for me to smoke.After some very professional and courteous handling of the situation by the staff member ,we were given a king suite for the price of a deluxe room,which had a very comfortable bed! We had dinner at the hotel both nights,once at the restaurant and on the poolside deck and both were wonderful.The breakfast was also good,offering both asian and western food.The hotel is in a great area to explore markets and everyday life in honkong.We loved this and spent many hours walking through the streets.The bus stops right outside the front door and the taxis are very cheap and clean.It took us 15 minutes to get to the star ferry in a taxi,so this hotel is still close enough to enjoy the main island.Overall I would highly recommend this hotel,especially for people who wish to see the cultural side of Honkong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning chic Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has much to celebrate including its’ five awards achieved in a short period of time. The hotel is located in an uprising area in Kowloon near the former Kai Tak Airport region and Mongkok, just minutes from Hong Kong’s diverse sightseeing, shopping and entertainment hotspots. Minutes to the MTR Station and bustling Tsimshatsui by frequent complimentary hotel shuttle bus that’s not just a ride but also a city tour through one of Hong Kong’s oldest districts. This upscale 4-star hotel features 702 charming guestrooms and suites with fully equipped kitchenette, a fantastic outdoor Swimming Pool, Children’s Pool and Whirlpool, a spa and a well-equipped Fitness Centre. All rooms boast a 32’’ flat-screen TV, mini-bar and tea & coffee-making facilities. The hotel gets its name 8 degrees referring to the 8 degree descent pilots had to make to descend onto the runway here - the architects have taken it further by actually giving the lobby the optical illusion of being inclined at that angle too! Hospitable service and excellent facilities, this hotel appeals to all business, leisure, long staying and family travellers looking for comfortable and attractive accommodation in the pearl of the orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Ctrip DaoDao, Otel and Venere so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong