1. Check-in Mess: We arrived at hotel around 2 pm in the afternoon. I have no idea whether it’s Ctrip or your hotel’s fault that we were given two King-size room instead of two double-bed room we requested. It should have not been a problem, however, it took your staff 30 minutes to solve the problem. They are not that helpful and flexible. Since it’s a business trip, we had tight schedule to complete, our driver waited for the additional 30 minutes, and we had to shorten our meeting and tighten the rest plans. Can I ask who is supposed to be responsible for all these?
Room 1703 & Room 1717 (King-size Rooms), Room 1703 changed to Room 1019 (double-bed Room)
2. Complimentary Bottle Water: we were not informed by any means from both your hotel and Ctrip that there are no complimentary bottle water offered by your hotel, until we found no drinking water at Room 1019 and asked the room service staff. It’s a common sense in most hotels in this world that at least two bottles of drink water should be available in each hotel room, isn’t it? It’s not a big deal if your hotel charge your guest with the drinking water, how do you explain there are two bottles of drinking water in room 1703? Can I take them as the special birthday gifts your hotel offered? You know what? after we asked for the drinking water, no matter it’s free or not, your staff promised we would have them for the rest days we stayed. However, again you ate your words, and we didn’t have those water during our stay at your hotel. What a disappointment it was! Can I just comment and share my experience on Trip Advisor?
3. Locked Mimi Bar: Finding no drinking water in our room, we wanted to find something in the mini bar. We didn’t care too much of the charge, I mentioned it’s a business trip and most of the cost would be covered by the company. Can you imagine or were you informed of what happened? It’s so incredible that the mini bar was locked! Are you guys crazy by doing that? We called your staff and this problem was not solved until we complained when we checked out. Is it the common way you treat your guests? or is it the special treatment to us only?
4. Lobby WiFi: We found the hotel introduction from Ctrip’s website that your hotel offer WiFi service in public area. It’s also common sense that WiFi service in public area is free for use. Actually, those two WiFi users are not familiar with English language, they could only understand room number and user’s birthday, not to say your charge policies. More importantly, I remember Hong Kong is always Chinese territory and Chinese language is always one of the official language in Hong Kong. How can you only use English as the guide language?
5. Noise Control: The room door is not that sound proofing. I still remember how I was waken around 6:00 am on Sunday morning by corridor noise.
6. Service Attitude: The hardware in your hotel is great, the whole construction is amazingly designed. However, the services are terrible! Apart from the above issues I mentioned, I felt bad when your staff including the South Asian manager dealing with my complaint when we checked out. Their attitude, their wording, they gestures implied that they/your hotel do not welcome us as the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and Mongkok area, close to Tsimshatsui shopping, entertainment and sightseeing destinations, MTR Hunghom Station, Kowloon Bay & Kwun Tong are conveniently reachable by the complimentary hotel shuttle bus. The award winning Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has a unique twist to its lobby, designed with utmost innovation creating an optical illusion where it feels as if you're inside Italy's Leaning Tower of Pisa. Features 704 guestrooms and suites, boasting a 32-inch LCD TV, in-room Wi-Fi access, mini-bar, tea & coffee-making facilities. Two restaurants offer International, Asian, Halal and Indian cuisines, one inviting bar, a full service Business Centre, a well-equipped Fitness Centre, a relaxing sauna and a distinctively shaped outdoor swimming pool, children's pool and whirlpool surrounded by a lush landscape. Three Executive Floors with a Harbour Club Lounge offering complimentary afternoon tea, evening refreshments, breakfast buffet at Cafe 8 Degrees, etc. Offering hospitable service and excellent facilities, Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees distinguishes itself admirably among travelers appealing to business, leisure, family vacation or romantic getaway looking for comfortable and pleasurable accommodation at great value. Please note hotel outdoor swimming pool will be closed during winter from 01 December 2014 and will open till further notice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong