1. Check-in Mess: We arrived at hotel around 2 pm in the afternoon. I have no idea whether it’s Ctrip or your hotel’s fault that we were given two King-size room instead of two double-bed room we requested. It should have not been a problem, however, it took your staff 30 minutes to solve the problem. They are not that helpful and flexible. Since it’s a business trip, we had tight schedule to complete, our driver waited for the additional 30 minutes, and we had to shorten our meeting and tighten the rest plans. Can I ask who is supposed to be responsible for all these?
Room 1703 & Room 1717 (King-size Rooms), Room 1703 changed to Room 1019 (double-bed Room)
2. Complimentary Bottle Water: we were not informed by any means from both your hotel and Ctrip that there are no complimentary bottle water offered by your hotel, until we found no drinking water at Room 1019 and asked the room service staff. It’s a common sense in most hotels in this world that at least two bottles of drink water should be available in each hotel room, isn’t it? It’s not a big deal if your hotel charge your guest with the drinking water, how do you explain there are two bottles of drinking water in room 1703? Can I take them as the special birthday gifts your hotel offered? You know what? after we asked for the drinking water, no matter it’s free or not, your staff promised we would have them for the rest days we stayed. However, again you ate your words, and we didn’t have those water during our stay at your hotel. What a disappointment it was! Can I just comment and share my experience on Trip Advisor?
3. Locked Mimi Bar: Finding no drinking water in our room, we wanted to find something in the mini bar. We didn’t care too much of the charge, I mentioned it’s a business trip and most of the cost would be covered by the company. Can you imagine or were you informed of what happened? It’s so incredible that the mini bar was locked! Are you guys crazy by doing that? We called your staff and this problem was not solved until we complained when we checked out. Is it the common way you treat your guests? or is it the special treatment to us only?
4. Lobby WiFi: We found the hotel introduction from Ctrip’s website that your hotel offer WiFi service in public area. It’s also common sense that WiFi service in public area is free for use. Actually, those two WiFi users are not familiar with English language, they could only understand room number and user’s birthday, not to say your charge policies. More importantly, I remember Hong Kong is always Chinese territory and Chinese language is always one of the official language in Hong Kong. How can you only use English as the guide language?
5. Noise Control: The room door is not that sound proofing. I still remember how I was waken around 6:00 am on Sunday morning by corridor noise.
6. Service Attitude: The hardware in your hotel is great, the whole construction is amazingly designed. However, the services are terrible! Apart from the above issues I mentioned, I felt bad when your staff including the South Asian manager dealing with my complaint when we checked out. Their attitude, their wording, they gestures implied that they/your hotel do not welcome us as the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning chic Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has much to celebrate including its’ five awards achieved in a short period of time. The hotel is located in an uprising area in Kowloon near the former Kai Tak Airport region and Mongkok, just minutes from Hong Kong’s diverse sightseeing, shopping and entertainment hotspots. Minutes to the MTR Station and bustling Tsimshatsui by frequent complimentary hotel shuttle bus that’s not just a ride but also a city tour through one of Hong Kong’s oldest districts. This upscale 4-star hotel features 702 charming guestrooms and suites with fully equipped kitchenette, a fantastic outdoor Swimming Pool, Children’s Pool and Whirlpool, a spa and a well-equipped Fitness Centre. All rooms boast a 32’’ flat-screen TV, mini-bar and tea & coffee-making facilities. The hotel gets its name 8 degrees referring to the 8 degree descent pilots had to make to descend onto the runway here - the architects have taken it further by actually giving the lobby the optical illusion of being inclined at that angle too! Hospitable service and excellent facilities, this hotel appeals to all business, leisure, long staying and family travellers looking for comfortable and attractive accommodation in the pearl of the orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Ctrip DaoDao, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong