My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed this hotel. Some perks/upsides were that it was a very clean hotel room - and very spacious. The staff were accommodating. The elevators were incredibly fast and efficient.
The shuttles to Tsim Tsa Tsui came frequent (every 15 minutes or so), the drivers were incredibly helpful and the surrounding area of the hotel was fun. There were nearby, local restaurants that offered great local foods.
The dinner buffet offered a variety of good dinner dishes including sashimi, sushi, lamb, prime rib and more. However, it was very expensive -- it was $70 USD per person.
The downsides to this hotel were that it is far from the main area of HK. It also does not provide a shuttle to and from the airport which was a bit of an inconvenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and Mongkok area, close to Tsimshatsui shopping, entertainment and sightseeing destinations, MTR Hunghom Station, Kowloon Bay & Kwun Tong are conveniently reachable by the complimentary hotel shuttle bus. The award winning Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has a unique twist to its lobby, designed with utmost innovation creating an optical illusion where it feels as if you're inside Italy's Leaning Tower of Pisa. Features 704 guestrooms and suites, boasting a 32-inch LCD TV, in-room Wi-Fi access, mini-bar, tea & coffee-making facilities. Two restaurants offer International, Asian, Halal and Indian cuisines, one inviting bar, a full service Business Centre, a well-equipped Fitness Centre, a relaxing sauna and a distinctively shaped outdoor swimming pool, children's pool and whirlpool surrounded by a lush landscape. Three Executive Floors with a Harbour Club Lounge offering complimentary afternoon tea, evening refreshments, breakfast buffet at Cafe 8 Degrees, etc. Offering hospitable service and excellent facilities, Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees distinguishes itself admirably among travelers appealing to business, leisure, family vacation or romantic getaway looking for comfortable and pleasurable accommodation at great value. Please note hotel outdoor swimming pool will be closed during winter from 01 December 2014 and will open till further notice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong