My husband and I stayed at the CHI Residences 279 for 5 nights in October and enjoyed our stay very much. We were offered an 'upgrade' to another Residence, but declined as we had carefully chosen 279 for its quiet location.
We had a one bedroom suite on the 12th floor (top). The suite is a good size, large by Hong Kong standards, and well equipped with a large fridge, one burner stove top, microwave, television with English stations, telephone, wifi and DVD player. The bed was very comfortable, it was spotlessly clean and the air conditioning worked perfectly. There is a small grocery store a short walk away.
We took the bus from the airport and it was a short walk from the bus stop. I took a taxi back to the airport as I had an early morning flight - one of the staff went out onto the street to hail a taxi for me as there were few at that early hour. The cost $230 which included a charge for my two bags.
Yau Mei Tei MTR station is less than 5 minutes walk as it the Temple Street Night Market. The Ladies Market is also nearby. We attended a wedding and most of the guests stayed in Central but we were happy to soak up the atmosphere of Kowloon. We were most impressed with the friendly welcome and service we received throughout our stay.
We had tea at the Mandarin Oriental which we highly recommend - it is delicious and a great place to people watch. We haggled for outrageously cheap goods in the Ladies Market and took the Star Ferry. Victoria Peak was a definite highlight and we splashed out for a very nice lunch at the summit. Our favourite meal was dim sum at Zen in the Pacific Place in Central.
I highly recommend CHI Residences 279 - it has a great, quiet location and offers excellent value for money.
- Also Known As:
- Chi Residences 279 Hotel Hong Kong
- Chi Residences 279 Hotel
- CHI Residences 279 Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CHI 279 by CHI Residences is a calm retreat from the city. Located on famous Shanghai Street, a fascinating eclectic array of shops and sights reveal the natural charm of Hong Kong. Daily, weekly and monthly rates are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your CHI Residences 279 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.