“Great location, very decent sized rooms.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #45 of 695 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore
“Great location, very decent sized rooms.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was there last week on business and could not have found a better place. Located just next to Happy Valley and with a view of the grounds. I can imagine the challenge of building a 4 or 5 star hotel on the type of land footprint which the hotel had. Its not a hotel with great expansive gardens or greenery but the focus is on comfortable rooms with nice size (about 200 square feet or less). Since it was a business trip all I wanted was a comfortable bed, great service, working amenities and gym with lap pool. They were all there. The rates I got were great too given the location and I was walking distance to all my clients and to shopping malls like Times Square. I was given a free wifi package in my room so I really had no complaints. I am very sure I will be back to stay here again on my next business trip.

Room Tip: Not everyone gets free wifi as part of the package so do make specific enquiries
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Aside from the great location (near Times Square and the MTR), we also enjoyed the hotel itself. The rooms are beautiful and well-appointed - from the modern bathroom fixtures to the crisp, clean, white linen used in the comfy bed. Don't miss your chance to see a breathtaking view of the Hongkong skyline from the penthouse bar. The room rate is on the high side, but well worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for an alternative (and less pricey) choice to HK Central big 5-star-names, elect this one. Causeway Bay is a great neighbourhood, close to everything, less touristy than Central or Kowloon, and the Crowne Plaza makes a very sensible choice. Pick an elevated floor room (I was on 15th), with view facing hippodrome and hills (better than street). The hotel is recent, good-sized rooms, good functional design, no boutique bling. One great feature: the all-glass-panelled shower that looks through over the bedroom. Equipment complete, with a totally perfect minibar. On top floor, you'll find a small gym but great because you can run facing scenic views and looking at eagles flying around. The bar is a nightly attraction with outside pool and great view. Service is excellent, door, reception and concierge flawless. Good buffet restaurant, and perfect club sandwich for a room service quickie. All luxury shopping malls you may want are around, including great Chinese dining @ nearby Lei Garden or Din Tai Fung restaurants. Good limo service if you need one to the airport. This hotel is an obvious choice for the business crowd, but will definitely suit a discerning tourist traveller (as far as you don't absolutely need a spa...for there is none;)).

• Stayed April 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located walking distance from shopping, restaurants, metro station and the public "Happy Valley" sports ground.

Short taxy ride to the Hong Kong station with connection to the airport express train that takes you to the airport in 24 minutes.

Excellent restaurant, small, yet nice infinite pool on the roof top. Excellent choice for a short stay in HK.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have no hesitation returning to this hotel if I need to stay near Causeway Bay in the future. It is very convenient near shopping, MTR and restaurants. Excellent service. Very happy with standard of room - large shower/bath area. Choice of pillows. Very good view from pool, gym and the bar called Club 28. Breakfast was also a highlight - good range of food.

Room Tip: Happy with room 913.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights and had a really pleasant stay. Firstly the location is great being only a short walk to the metro line and right next to Times Square shopping.

The hotel itself was really nice too. The rooms were spacious, huge TV and the bed was actually one of the best I've ever slept in (really like a cloud). As a priority club member the Internet was free for us which always makes a difference.

Breakfast was included in the rate and it was a really good breakfast. We also had a complementary drink at the bar. Really liked the bar, much better than a typical hotel bar. We went up on a sat night and there was live music, great atmosphere. It's on the 28th floor.

I also arrived quite early in the morning and was able to check in immediately which was good. The concierge was very helpful.

Unfortunately for us the weather wasn't good when we were there but there is a great pool also on the 28th floor that overlooks the HK skyline. Would have been great to have taken advantage of that.

All up I thought it was good value for money and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2013
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend during the week of march. I booked this hotel through hotwire, so I didn't actually choose this hotel. It however, turned out to a pleasant surprise. We arrived at about pm on our day of arrival. Check-in was efficient, the staff was friendly and we got to go to our room right away despite the usual check-in time of 3 pm.

I had read reviews about the rooms being spacious, I had assumed that it was just by hong kong standards, but the room actually was quite a bit bigger than I had expected. The bed was very comfortable. The TV was nice and big. There is a shower AND a bath tub. It's a little bit of a pet peeve of mine when a hotel tries to combine the two things together, making neither as comfortable as they can be. There is also a scale in the bathroom. Ours was a little broken, but I appreciated its being there. There was plenty of storage place for those who plan to stay a little longer. The room was very clean, which is usually a given in four star hotels. I really liked the little stationary spot they had set up. I never remember to being a pair of scissors but I almost always need a pair of scissors at some point of my trip. The only complaint I have with the room is that there is only one desk chair, therefore when we ordered room service, one of us had to sit on the bed and eat. It was a little awkward.

We ordered room service twice during our stay. The food is reasonably priced but not at all worth the cost. Our first order was decent. The second time though, the carrots in my vegetarian Indian dish was severely under-cooked. I wasn't at all asking for perfection, but I was surprised they can't even get the basics right. It seemed like they had throw the carrots into the pot at the same time as some of the softer vegetables, giving me overcooked and under-cooked vegetables all in one bowl. While I was not at all happy with my food, my boyfriend tried it, and claimed what he had ordered was even worse. He said if he wasn't so hungry he would not have finished it at all. The Mak's noodle place across the street is quite decent. If like us, you are feeling lazy, that would be a good spot to get food.

Last thing, the internet at the Crowne Plaza wasn't free. In fact, it was quite expensive and billed per device. Meaning I would have to pay a whole lot more just to be able to get on the internet on my iPhone. We ended up getting the Crown Privilege Package, which gave us free internet on however many devices we wished, breakfast for 2 at the Kudos restaurant and evening alcoholic drinks and snacks at their lounge bar. The drink options were just your usual wines and beers, the snacks were decent, but would in no way make a full meal. There were a few other minor benefits that we did not take advantage of. I think it is a pretty good deal if your room rate did not include internet and breakfast to begin with. We ended up enjoying the breakfasts and connecting 6 devices to the internet, so it was well worth it for us. Also, we had checked in before we thought of the privilege package, so I am not sure if normally you would get a different room, say, on a higher floor or something.

Room Tip: Get their Crowne Privilege Package if you were going to have breakfast at their buffet AND purchase...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple