“Brand new efficient hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, China (Causeway Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #33 of 613 hotels in Hong Kong
Brussels, Belgium
“Brand new efficient hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed five nights in this brand new hotel in the heart of Causeway Bay. The location might not be the best if you are in HK for business and you need to be in Central or Wanchai. However, the MTR (metro) station Causeway Bay is only a 10 minute walk, so if the climate allows it, you can make that walk and then move by public transport. The Causeway Bay shopping area starts accross the street, and the Times Square shopping mall is only a short stroll away.
My Deluxe room was large to HK standards, with iPod and internet connections provided. The Queen bed was very comfortable and everything in the room was in good working order, also because it was all band new. The bathroom had a comfortable rain shower and bath tub.
Breakfast was plenty and varied, and available in continental as well as Chinese version. I also tried the restaurant on the Second Floor (same as where breakfast is served), which was surprisingly good for a hotel restaurant, and prices were reasonable.
Go have a drink at the bar on the top floor: you'll have a unique view on the horse racing track and in the evening light balloons are floating in the pool.
Good to know: if you are a member of the hotel chain's Priority Club, then WiFi and usage of the two internet PC's in the lobby are provided free of charge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

623 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

WHAT I LIKED

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in September 2012 for 9 days. It was our first time in Hong Kong and we had put some research into where to stay. We decided on a superior room at the Crowne Plaza and I am glad we did.

The hotel is in a very convenient location. It is just a short walk to Times Square and the entrance to the subway system.

The room we got was spacious, modern and clean. The hotel staff was attentive and I absolutely loved the small details that made our stay there special. There are complimentary bottles of water in the room daily, the fresh fruit basket is always kept filled and after noticing my boyfriend ordering ice most evenings, the ice bucket was filled up on a daily basis as well.

The hotel has two nice bar on the top floors and it was nice to wind down with a drink soaking in the view of Happy Valley.

We had breakfast included in our rate. The breakfast room is spacious and the buffet has a lot of choices, Continental as well as Asian. The possibility of ordering freshly made omelets was an added bonus.

WHAT ID DIDN'T LIKE

There isn't much I didn't like. The pool area is a bit of a waste, as it is not private at all. The top level bar's windows view out onto the pool and I didn't feel it was private enough to use. In fact, I didn't see anyone using it. This however did not impact on our stay, as it wasn't one of the features we looked for in the Hotel.

The Chinese restaurant in the hotel should probably be avoided. It was quite pricey and I believe one can get better food elsewhere. However the restaurant is not part of the hotel and therefore it's nothing that negatively impacts the stay there.

IN SUMMARY

I am very happy with he choice of hotel and I believe it's a great option if one doesn't want to spend half a fortune for the luxury hotels. I was very pleasantly surprised by the level of service and the appointed room and would recommend it wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: We went for the superior room with Internet and breakfast included and it was well worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed over weekend here and had a blast. Excellent service and the room was fantastic. very clean, excellent bed. Located close to subway and bus service.
Breakfast was amazing, lots of excellent selections and options.

If I return to Hong Kong will be definitely back.
Congratulations!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I cannot add much to the other 5 star reviews. The service was impeccable and every need was anticipated. Made use of the wonderful sound system using my iPhone. Some food tips: The Mak Noodle restaurant across the street has great won ton noodle-- hard to find any better. Also there is well-stocked supermarket one floor below the Starbucks across the street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza between the 5th and 11th of November. We were celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary and received a complimentary bottle of champagne on arrival. Our room was also upgraded to a Deluxe. The rooms are large and very clean. The bed is very comfortable and a good nights sleep was had each night. We swam in the pool every day and on a number of occasions had a drink by the pool. We had breakfast at the hotel once and this was delicious.
Times Square is close by and has excellent shopping and restaurants (try the Modern Chinese on 10/F). There is in fact quite a number of good restaurants and bars close by to the hotel. Trams run along the front of the hotel, the MTR is a 5 minute walk and taxis are readily available.
I travel quite a bit through Australia and Asia and this hotel is one the best I have stayed in. Will definitely be staying again the next time I am in HK.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ascot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Make sure you get view of racecourse. If poss go to races - well worth doing! Restaurant good - had French promotion while we were there - food superb and 20% discount for hotel guests (inc wine!!). Good central location close to trams, buses and trains. Dont miss happy hour with free drinks for privilege members. Highly recommended.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
san francisco, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is well situated for the business and pleasure traveler with well insulated rooms from the bustling noise of HK. My colleague and I arrived at the hotel at 6:15am from 5:00am arrival from the states. The front desk was happy to greet us and said our rooms were not yet ready, but after breakfast, the bell man greeted us at the hotel restaurant and handed our room keys. Large rooms with big showers, along with cordial service are big pluses. I would return again for my next visit as well as my colleague. Thumbs up!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay? Share your experiences!