“Beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbour Grand Hong Kong

Save Saved
You added Harbour Grand Hong Kong to your Saves list
Harbour Grand Hong Kong
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.23 Oil Street, North Point | MTR Fortress Hill Station, Exit A, Hong Kong, China (Fortress Hill)   |
Ranked #49 of 652 Hotels in Hong Kong
Woking, United Kingdom
“Beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Harbour Grand for four nights to start before travelling to Malaysia. The hotel is fairly new and does not disappoint on the wow factor. The staff were all very friendly and if there was anything we wanted to know or do the concierge was extremely helpful. Our rooms were very comfortable and every room has a fantastic view of Victoria harbour. The breakfast was good with lots of choice. The main restaurant is on the top floor, food and service were excellent and you had great views over Hong Kong there is also a bar if you just want a drink. Lobby lounge was very comfortable and again staff were very attentive. The hotel is a little way out of centre but with the MTR at the top of the road it was not difficult to get around. Highly recommend this hotel for a short stop over.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Benoit H, Manager at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear “Dawn C”

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to read you were “wowed” by our facilities and that our staff, in particular the concierge team, was very helpful. I am also pleased that you had a chance to try almost all our Food & Beverage outlets and you also appreciated the selection and the service provided.

My team and I will surely look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Email: benoith@harbourgrand.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were here for 5 days - what an absolutely stunning hotel! You're deep in the heart of the city, with stunning views of the harbour.

One major tip: if you are getting a taxi back to the hotel, be VERY clear it is the Harbour Grand in Hong Kong - NOT KOWLOON! That can be a very difficult conversation...

• Stayed March 2014
Dear “hossydossy”

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that both our services and views were stunning.

I am sorry if there was a misunderstanding with the taxi driver about your destination. I would recommend in the future either using the hotel taxi card available at concierge or front desk or downloading one of the many taxi applications to prevent the driver from taking you to our sister property on Kowloon side.

We will look forward in welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I use this hotels few times during my business trips, it is conveniently located opposite MTR Fortress Hill. The rooms are newly decorated with a nice bath tub and wet shower room. The view across the arbour is spectacular especially from its roof top terrace located on the 44th floor. Just one sore point it's a bit noise because there are lots of construction works around the hotel from early morning till late afternoon. It's worth a visit though

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Benoit H, Manager at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear “Stefania T”

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

I am glad to read that you are one of frequent guests and I agree with you that the views from both the rooms and Le 188 Restaurant & Lounge are just spectacular.

I am also pleased to inform you that the noisiest part of the construction works next door is nearing completion.

My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent views from this harbour front hotel. Rooms were of decent size with surprisingly large bathroom. Rooftop bar has amazing views even if the service is a little hit and miss.

Location is excellent and is serviced from the free airport shuttle at Hong Kong station. It is the first stop on the H2 route. Also very close to fortress hill MTR and tram station. Buy an octopus card if your there for a couple of days.

Nice pool however a ridiculously small amount of seating/lounges for such a large hotel. If you want one you'll need to be there at dawn to reserve it.

Also as noted by others there is considerable construction work surrounding the hotel which is obviously out of their control, but if your a light sleeper be prepared to wake up early.

Polite service, but not overly friendly as seems standard in Hong Kong.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear "Angerah21"

Thank you for posting your review.

I am glad you have enjoyed most of your stay with us, and in particular the excellent views from both the rooms and the restaurants.

I have noted your comment about the limited number of seats by the pool and we are currently reviewing such arrangement. Besides, I am sure you will be pleased to know that the noisiest part of the construction near the hotel is nearing completion.

My team and I will look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed grand hong kong hotel during AUG 15-17 , 2 nights.
The room that made booking was deluxe club room but when we checked in , we got the free upgrade. Also I inform to the hotel about our wedding anniversary, the hotel offered bottle of wine too :)
Room is not so large , but this is hong kong! I could accept.
View is harbour, it was great. Also room amenity and bed was good. Plus, the club desk and lounge staff had always smile and remember my name.

There is shuttle between hong kong station and the hotel , it was very helpful. Near the hotel, there is tim ho wan and other store so you can enjoy easily.

If I have to recommend hong kong hotel, I will recommend Harbour grand hong kong!
Thank you so much!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear "choo2005"

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Adivsor.

I am glad that you decided to celebrate your wedding anniversary with us.
I am pleased to read that you appreciated the complimentary upgrade as well as the bottle of sparkling wine and the efficient service provided by our Harbour Club Staff.

My team and I will certainly look forward to welcome you back for your next anniversary.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Terrific service, rooms and the club lounge was perfect with an amazing view of the harbour. This hotel was spot on in terms of location to the underground. The kids loved the pool and the speed of the lift which made you chuckle as it was that fast. Views from the club rooms are also terrific. The hotel is perfect for travelling around the island and Kowloon as the underground is so easy to use and has air con not like London. Our kids actually navigated the family around for four days and loved it, you must get an travel card as they are so easy to use.

The Club rooms and facilities that come with it are a 'must do' as they are terrific value for money and the drinks, canapés and service on the 41st floor really make you feel special.

Special mention to all the Club floor staff but especially Manny, Vivian and Gloria who helped with flights, postage and advice on things to do.

We would certainly recommend the hotel and the Club rooms and service.

Thank you from a rainy England.

Room Tip: You must do Club as after drinks and a out of this world breakfast with terrific service it's gr...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Benoit H, Manager at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear "Fraserp187069"

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you have enjoyed our "must do" Club rooms and facilities as well as the "terrific" service provided by our Harbour Club Staff. This is a great encouragement for all our staff to keep striving for excellence.

My team and I will be looking forward in welcoming you and your family in the near future.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This Hotel is not rated all that highly so we didn't know what to expect when we arrived here. We were amazed at everything the Hotel had to offer. This is now our favourite hotel in Hong Kong and we only hope that we can get an affordable price on our next stay.

We thought that the location might be a little far from the action but it was perfect. There was plenty of restaurants and shopping near the Hotel. The train and tram was very close by.

Our room faced the eastern part of the Harbour but there are rooms available that give a better view. We thought the room was very small and although they advertise the room as 31sqm we didn't think it was anywhere near this size. Having said that, we did not find the size to be too much of a problem. There is plenty of bench and cupboard space and the room had everything we needed.

On thing we found annoying was their policy on changing linen. They leave a note saying that they only change the bed linen every three days unless we specifically request otherwise. Hotels are more and more using the excuse that this is for environmental reasons. They have installed rain showers in the bathroom that use plenty of water. Unfortunately, the plumbing is not up to the job and the increased water pressure is very noisy which means you can hear everyone else having their showers.

The club lounge is amazing, it feels so open and has huge panels of glass to take in the beautiful views. We thought the drinks menu was outstanding. We had breakfast once in the club lounge but much preferred to have it in the main restaurant as there was a better choice. There was an afternoon tea offered in the club lounge and the evening snacks were lovely even though there was a very limited choice. The staff in the club lounge were very pleasant.

We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear "PegususPerth"

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip advisor and I am delighted you were amazed and pleasantly surprised upon your arrival at the hotel and we have become your favourite hotel in Hong Kong.

I have noted your comments about the change of bed linen as well as the noise issue from the rain shower and would appreciate if you could contact me directly (benoith@harbourgrand.com) so that I can look into those further.

We look forward welcoming you back very soon.

Email: benoith@harbourgrand.com

Been to Harbour Grand Hong Kong? Share your experiences!