“HrabourGrand” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harbour Grand Hong Kong

Save Saved
You added Harbour Grand Hong Kong to your Saves list
Harbour Grand Hong Kong
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.23 Oil Street, North Point, Hong Kong, China (Fortress Hill)   |
Ranked #50 of 613 hotels in Hong Kong
Moscow, Russia
“HrabourGrand”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hotel has a high rate of deposit/extra payment. Actually is not needful. Has no free WiFi. Room design is not comfortable. Sea-front street around of Hotel is under construction, so that is not possible to have a walk. Within reception-registration that was main question of staffs – to up-grade the room. All of services are for additional extra-charges. No services for tourist’s trip-advise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Benoit H, Manager at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear "MrSam_727",

Greetings from Harbour Grand Hong Kong,

I firstly would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and I am sorry that you were not entirely satisfied with the service provided.

Note that we do offer packages inclusive of Internet access as well as Breakfast – all available on our website (http://www.harbourgrand.com/hongkong/default-en.html). I would be happy to personally assist you for any further enquiry.

Regards

Benoit Heumez
Director of Guest Services
Email: benoith@harbourgrand.com

1,290 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Check in and concierge staff v friendly, however too many small niggles: I had a room on the exec floor but was denied access to the exec lounge because "my deal excluded that" - news to me, and the lounge was empty anyway. Next, my partner wanted to book a manicure and pedicure for a forthcoming wedding we were attending - the hotel beauticians don't do these (!!!) and sent us round the corner to a one person shop in a back street who was busy till later on that afternoon. On two occasions we ate in the main restaurant (admittedly within 30 minutes each time before meal change overs) and the service was poor - 10 staff whizzing about and you couldn't get their attention without calling out or wildly waving your arms about, and the restaurant was 90% empty on both occasions. Finally, whilst we had great views over the harbour from our room, it must rank the SMALLEST hotel room i have ever stayed in and too small for two. I am sure there are better hotels at comparable prices to be had. Finally, i found the fitness centre to be a bit pokey with limited equipment.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Benoit H, Manager at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear "Evelyninhouston",

Greetings from Harbour Grand Hong Kong,

I firstly would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It seems we have failed to deliver a service that met your expectations on more than one count and I sincerely would like to apologise.

I would appreciate if you could please contact me directly with your name and room number so that we can fully investigate the points you mentioned. This will also allow us to implement any remedial actions as this is definitely not the level of service that we aim to deliver.

In the meantime, please accept my apologies for the shortfalls you have experienced and kindly shared with us so that we have an opportunity to rectify those.

Benoit Heumez
Director of Guest Services
Email: benoith@harbourgrand.com
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I visited this hotel with the family and we were extremely impressed with the facilities and service provided at the Harbour Grand. Stayed here for 4 nights (we took advantage of the 1 free night offer as well) and would recommend it to any else considering it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Harleston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The quality of this hotel is beyond anything I had experienced previously. It had been booked for me. I can make no claim that I had previously researched it before my trip and it was quite expensive but the staff were excellent.There was nothing that was too much trouble for them to deal with and this extended from the manager right down to all levels of staff,they were so friendly. I have nothing but praise for them all. The rooms were well furnished ,the shower was fantastic. The food was expensive but very good.If you only have time for a special one night stopover I can thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Let me start by saying we have not actually STAYED at this hotel, but felt that the customer service we received from the hotel after a mix-up in room reservations was above and beyond and should be shared.

Both Mr. Benoit Heumez, Director of Guest Services and Mr. Joey Chan were kind enough to contact me directly within hours of my queries via e-mail. Their promptness, professionalism. kindness and consideration and the incredible customer service they gave me to fix a pretty big error that I unknowingly made is worthy of note. This is something that you just do not get nowadays anymore. No hassle - no repeated requests - just the highest level of customer service.

Kudos to the hotel - the level of service we received here will make this a preferred destination for future trips to Hong Kong.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I picked this hotel to celebrate my husband's birthday, as my husband likes its circle bathtub which is big enough for two. I feel I make a right choice. The staff service is excellent. Their service is very good, in particular, Ms. Jennifer Woo, Assistant Front Office Manager. I would like to thank them for making the day perfect. We have a relaxing day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

What a pleasure it was to stay here. It isn't over priced, has easy access to a train station and very easy to get a taxi anywhere as well.

The views for us on the 28th floor were amazing and the service with any requests we had were done with prompt ease. The beds were very comfortable and the shower was one of the best I have had. The pool is also fantastic and has one of the best views

I will make sure that the next time I travel in Hong Kong I will be staying here again

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, you will not be dissapointed