We loved our stay at Mingle By The Park. The bed was big, the bathroom was clean and the air-con was fast and effective. It is only a 5 minute walk to the MTR (subway) and has a great variety of eating and market shopping places nearby. The Wifi was very good. It dropped out about once per day but only for a few minutes; otherwise it was very fast. We used to live in Hong Kong so were very used to the stair-well access to the road but honestly, one reviewer here said this was unsafe however HK is one of the safest / crime-free cities in the world so this really isn't an issue. I actually enjoyed the anonymity of coming and going as we pleased without the hotel staff seeing us.
I only had one time I called front desk. I wanted to make a cup of tea but there was no sugar. They informed me the hotel doesn't supply sugar but then about 10 minutes later a porter knocked on the door with a few sachets of sugar. Having lived there we were also used to the compact way HK people can make a room. The only thing I thought was too small was the wash basin as you can't fully lean over the basin while brushing your teeth / shaving but in reality this is not really a big deal.
I would definitely stay in this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Old Colonial Hong Kong at this Unique Culture Hotel! This hotel is based on a vintage 1960's old Chinese residential building with splashes of colonial architectural style (e.g. small balconies facing the main street), carefully restored for a truely unique, authentic experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL and Ctrip DaoDao so you can book your Mingle Place By The Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mingle Place By The Park Hotel Hong Kong
- Mingle Place By The Park Hong Kong