Stayed here for 1 night during a business trip. Booked a Mountain View King room (720HKD) and used one of my upgrades to their Regency Suite King (as a Diamond member).
Finding the way to the hotel was challenging coming out of the University MTR station. I knew the general location, but the walkway ended in front of a building under construction. I had to walk in the road in front of several buses to find my way to the hotel entrance.
Once I managed to make my way to the elevators, it was easy to find the check-in area on the 2nd level. It was not busy so I was quickly greeted and escorted to the Regency Lounge for check-in, where it was also not busy at all. Service was outstanding.
Room - I was given a Regency Suite King on the top floor. The room is basically a bedroom, full bath, living/dining room, and half bathroom near the front. Excellent decor consisted of light-colored woods and neutral furnishings. There is plenty of space to relax and unwind. 2 large LCD televisions, modern phone system, microwave, and mini fridge. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet with a good view of the mountain area near Sha Tin.
The bathroom was spacious with a separate rainforest shower and bathtub. Good selection of amenities.
Food - Since I was only there for 1 night, I did not get a chance to try their restaurants. However, I did visit their Regency Club Lounge, which was very nice. Wide selection of beverages, but no food (I was late). There are some good views of Tolo Harbour from the lounge windows and outdoor patio area.
Location - This is probably the only downside to the hotel, as it is located in Sha Tin, which is far from the touristy areas of Hong Kong. Although some may say it is a good thing, since it is much more quiet here than in Kowloon and HK Island. It depends on what you're looking for. If you want to be in the center of everything, look elsewhere. Otherwise, this is a great place to stay if you just want to relax and unwind. The University MTR station is only minutes away on foot. This can take you to either Lo Wu (China border) or down towards Kowloon.
There are several ways to get to the airport from here. I opted for their airport shuttle bus, which cost about US$10 one way. The trip took about 1 hour, after stopping to pick up another passenger in Kowloon.
Overall, this is a hidden gem located off the beaten path. If you don't mind spending more time on the MTR to get around, I recommend staying here. The combination of value, amenities, and service make it a great place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Sha Tin Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Sha Tin Hotel Hong Kong
- Hyatt Regency Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Sha Tin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the latest urban oasis in Hong Kong, Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin features 559 guestrooms and suites, including 132 well-furnished suites specially designed for long stay accommodation. Exciting dining options include Sha tin 18 Chinese restaurant, all-day-dining Cafe, Pool Bar, Tin Tin Bar and Patisserie. Recreational facilities include the luxurious Melo Spa, outdoor heated swimming pool and whirlpool, fitness centre with sauna and steam, tennis court, bike rental and Camp Hyatt for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Sha Tin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.