If there is one hotel I will never go back to it is Butterfly on Prat. I had initially (on reading reviews on this site) booked the hotel for three nights; later on a friend's recommendation and also from hotel reviews I booked " The Mira" on TST; and thank heavens for that. We still booked this hotel for one night between our trip to Macau and our stay at Disney.
The hotel staff tells you its a less than 5 mins walk from the MTR but be ready for at least a 10 min walk through a not so good lane. The hotel rooms are SMALL we just had 2 cabin bags and there was hardly enough space to fit those in. The room was freezing cold, though there is a temperature control it didnt seem to work, the room was equally freezing at 30deg as it was at 18 deg celcius. On requesting the staff for another room the only solution they could come up with was to turn off the aircon.. on telling them it would be suffocating they sent us blankets... Can some one explain to them people dont sleep in the room always ( or maybe thats the kind of clientele this hotel gets). Finally they gave us heaters to heat the room which made matters worse.
Lets talk about the rooms... the bath room has a transparent door... but that does not serve any purpose apart from your roommate getting a clear view of you answering nature calls. It is not in the line of sight of the television which is the primary purpose for having transparent bathroom walls. The bathroom was dirty had hair and grout everywhere. The towels were dirty. The curtains were torn and had stains. The room looked into the building in front so you had to keep the curtains shut at all times.
There are some good points on this hotel though... it is in a bylane of TST so lots of eating and shopping options around. It has a small microwave in the room which definately helps people who have dietary restrictions. I did not have the inclination to try any of its other facilities and checked out at 9AM.
BoP is like an very expensive student's boarding. I would suggest if you are spening over HK$900 per night ( thats what I paid); pay HK$100 more and get a better hotel... TST has pleanty of choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of pulsating Tsim Sha Tsui, Butterfly on Prat is the ideal launch pad to indulge in the best shopping, museums and panorama Hong Kong has to offer. Step outside of the hip and chic comforts of the hotel and loose yourself in the mega shopping maze of Harbour City. Go catch up with arts, culture and past of the ex-colony, wine and dine Michelin-grade gourmets and drink in the uninterrupted views of some of the world's finest skylines. Whatever you do in this part of town, you simply wish you'd have more eyes, ears, taste buds and time. And once your heady day is over, return to the stylish relief of our 158 rooms, where branded amenities and device-friendly docking stations mix with free Wi-Fi and strong pops of colours to craft enhanced inspirations for both work and play. Guests will even get the treat of a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, Wi-Fi tethering, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Families with children are well taken care of too, with thoughtful amenities and ample space to fit comfortably a family of four. Whenever help is needed, our 24-hour front desk is on stand-by. Need travel advice? Try our 'Local Ambassadors'! How well connected are we? - 4-minute walk to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR subway station. - 10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Kowloon Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Ctrip TA so you can book your Butterfly on Prat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Prat Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Prat Hong Kong